Boomerang, Thorne - Saturday 10 November

Geoff

Just wanted to put down my first reactions to last night's Boomerang. Great night.

Maria and Arthur are good friends, and one of my favourite couples on the scene, hope I don't embarrass them by saying that. Ever since Maria was involved in starting Boomerang I've wanted to get up there, but it's not easy to arrange it due to domestic difficulties.

When Steve G and I went up to the 3 Greyhounds a few weeks ago, he mentioned he fancied a trip to Boomerang, so we arranged to go. My friends know how much I was looking forward to it.

Steve picked me up from my house at 6pm, then drove to St Albans to pick up D'Arcy and Jason, then up the A1M to the north. He's got a rather posh car so it was a smooth and fast ride. Plenty of banter in the car accompanied by some good music.

I'm not sure what time we arrived at Thorne, probably no later than 8.40, that is really good going, especially as they were various places where there were lower speed limits due to road works.

Nice to get out of the car and stretch my legs, usually need a good stretch these days after a long drive.

We walked in to the Canal Tavern, a famous venue on the British soul scene, entered a reasonably sized room, paid our money, and we were there.

Maria was on the decks as we walked in, so we went up to say hello. Then off to the bar for a drink, great to be able to have some alcohol, as opposed to my normal lime and soda or cola.

I was chatting away, when Maria played Karmello Brooks' Tell Me Baby, anyone who knows me will be aware that I can't keep off the dance floor when this is played. I've actually danced to Maria's copy many times when it belonged to a certain other prominent London DJ at various venues. Almost felt like coming home, lol.

Andy Dyson followed Maria, played quite a few that I didn't know, but that was one of the points of the evening for me, hearing some music that I was unfamiliar with. I've only seen Andy DJ a few times, I do remember him at Whitby a couple of years ago, but generally he doesn't get down to the London area.

As usual the morning after a soul night my memory of what was played is sort of hazy, I do remember getting out there of Sweet Memories, but not sure if it was Andy who played it in his first set. But I do remember him playing Joseph Webster, one of my favourites,

Dave Fleming was on next, and did a very nice set of what I would call Crossover. I remember JP Robinson's Our Day Is Here, one of my MonuMental favourites.

I'm looking forward to reading the playlists when they are posted on the Boomerang website, will jog my memory.

Arthur Fenn followed Dave, I'd got in early and cheekily asked for 2 requests, the Saints' I'll Let You Slide and Ruby's Feminine Ingenuity. Sorry I am the most predictable person in the world, but when you don't hear certain records out very often you have to take your opportunities. Arthur, a gentleman and a scholar, was kind enough to play both of them. Thanks very much. Among other ones he played were the Young Ladies, Mel Britt, Jesse James' Are You Gonna Leave Me, Angela Davis's My Love Is Strong, that sounded great at a venue, and plenty of others I danced to.

Then Andy Dyson took over for the last 45 minutes or so. More great sounds, and even played Joseph Webster and Robert Tanner again due to requests. While it is sometimes frowned on to repeat records, I can't imagine anyone objecting to hearing these 2 again, I certainly didn't.

Andy closed the evening with some slightly slower records, guess you'd call them beat ballads, but I didn't know them, really nice. Personally always like it when an evening is ended with a slowie or 2, rather than a stomper, just my opinion.

There was a friendly crowd in, and I met a few people that I knew, good to see you again. Also hi to Dave Box, nice to meet you.

The drive home took less than 3 hours, I did feel a bit tired, partly due to a bad night on Friday, but we had a laugh in the car, D'Arcy taking the mickey as usual. But some slightly more serious chat as well. Steve dropped me off just before 4am, straight up to bed, don't feel too bad as I write this.

As I said earlier I had a great time, the sort of sounds I really like, good company of like minded people, and I danced quite a bit, my sort of soul night. I just hope my alcohol intake didn't let me upset anyone. I did try not to make a total fool of myself.

The sound was fine on the dance floor, slightly muffled at the bar due to people in front of you, but this is normal at soul nights I've found.

In the absence of the possibility of Boomerang being moved down to north London, I am going to have to try to get up there for the next one. I would really recommend it. Thanks to all concerned for a great night, especially to Steve for driving, not sure I'd have been up to that both ways.

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wanted to put down my first reactions to last night's Boomerang. Great night.

Maria and Arthur are good friends, and one of my favourite couples on the scene, hope I don't embarrass them by saying that. Ever since Maria was involved in starting Boomerang I've wanted to get up there, but it's not easy to arrange it due to domestic difficulties.

When Steve G and I went up to the 3 Greyhounds a few weeks ago, he mentioned he fancied a trip to Boomerang, so we arranged to go. My friends know how much I was looking forward to it.

Steve picked me up from my house at 6pm, then drove to St Albans to pick up D'Arcy and Jason, then up the A1M to the north. He's got a rather posh car so it was a smooth and fast ride. Plenty of banter in the car accompanied by some good music.

I'm not sure what time we arrived at Thorne, probably no later than 8.40, that is really good going, especially as they were various places where there were lower speed limits due to road works.

Nice to get out of the car and stretch my legs, usually need a good stretch these days after a long drive.

We walked in to the Canal Tavern, a famous venue on the British soul scene, entered a reasonably sized room, paid our money, and we were there.

Maria was on the decks as we walked in, so we went up to say hello. Then off to the bar for a drink, great to be able to have some alcohol, as opposed to my normal lime and soda or cola.

I was chatting away, when Maria played Karmello Brooks' Tell Me Baby, anyone who knows me will be aware that I can't keep off the dance floor when this is played. I've actually danced to Maria's copy many times when it belonged to a certain other prominent London DJ at various venues. Almost felt like coming home, lol.

Andy Dyson followed Maria, played quite a few that I didn't know, but that was one of the points of the evening for me, hearing some music that I was unfamiliar with. I've only seen Andy DJ a few times, I do remember him at Whitby a couple of years ago, but generally he doesn't get down to the London area.

As usual the morning after a soul night my memory of what was played is sort of hazy, I do remember getting out there of Sweet Memories, but not sure if it was Andy who played it in his first set. But I do remember him playing Joseph Webster, one of my favourites,

Dave Fleming was on next, and did a very nice set of what I would call Crossover. I remember JP Robinson's Our Day Is Here, one of my MonuMental favourites.

I'm looking forward to reading the playlists when they are posted on the Boomerang website, will jog my memory.

Arthur Fenn followed Dave, I'd got in early and cheekily asked for 2 requests, the Saints' I'll Let You Slide and Ruby's Feminine Ingenuity. Sorry I am the most predictable person in the world, but when you don't hear certain records out very often you have to take your opportunities. Arthur, a gentleman and a scholar, was kind enough to play both of them. Thanks very much. Among other ones he played were the Young Ladies, Mel Britt, Jesse James' Are You Gonna Leave Me, Angela Davis's My Love Is Strong, that sounded great at a venue, and plenty of others I danced to.

Then Andy Dyson took over for the last 45 minutes or so. More great sounds, and even played Joseph Webster and Robert Tanner again due to requests. While it is sometimes frowned on to repeat records, I can't imagine anyone objecting to hearing these 2 again, I certainly didn't.

Andy closed the evening with some slightly slower records, guess you'd call them beat ballads, but I didn't know them, really nice. Personally always like it when an evening is ended with a slowie or 2, rather than a stomper, just my opinion.

There was a friendly crowd in, and I met a few people that I knew, good to see you again. Also hi to Dave Box, nice to meet you.

The drive home took less than 3 hours, I did feel a bit tired, partly due to a bad night on Friday, but we had a laugh in the car, D'Arcy taking the mickey as usual. But some slightly more serious chat as well. Steve dropped me off just before 4am, straight up to bed, don't feel too bad as I write this.

As I said earlier I had a great time, the sort of sounds I really like, good company of like minded people, and I danced quite a bit, my sort of soul night. I just hope my alcohol intake didn't let me upset anyone. I did try not to make a total fool of myself.

The sound was fine on the dance floor, slightly muffled at the bar due to people in front of you, but this is normal at soul nights I've found.

In the absence of the possibility of Boomerang being moved down to north London, I am going to have to try to get up there for the next one. I would really recommend it. Thanks to all concerned for a great night, especially to Steve for driving, not sure I'd have been up to that both ways.

How you getting used to the new name Geoff? :unsure:

And what new name might that be, D'Arcy old chap?

Geoff "The Sandwich" Green, of course.

Apologies to Kirsty for not mentioning her in my review, nice to meet my "daughter up north", lol.

Edited by D'Arcy

Oh I had a great time last night, and boy have I paid for it today :lol:

My throats sore, my legs ache and the palms of my hands are swollen and bruised. I'm not sure if these injuries are as a result of my sing-and-dance-along-athon last night, or the promotional work I've been doing for my new business venture Fluffers Inc. :yes:

Some superb records were played - the two that were just for me naturally cleared the floor except for some daft bird singing and jumping up and down. These records should be removed from your collection Dave, and sent forthwith to me. :shades: A fair few others that I really need were played too, and I throbbed with pleasure on the dancefloor. Unfortunately I had left my proper dancing legs at home, or maybe the boots I was wearing had been sprinkled with magic fairy dust that rendered the wearer a little bit stiff.... Good job I'm not at all self-conscious :thumbup:

After a few weeks of cheeky banter, Steve G finally had his fears relinquished. I am indeed a real life lady, and not just a strange figment of his rather warped imagination. It was also lovely to meet Geoff too. I would say it was lovely to meet D'arcy, but it would be a lie and anyway I've met him before whistling.gif

Anyway I've been typing this for chuffing ages. My children are sat like baby birds in a nest with there mouths open chirruping "feed me" in my general direction. So thats what I'm going to do.

Thanks to everyone for letting me have a laugh with you. But special thanks go to Karen and Maria for organising it - oh and the bottle of fizz! And Dave for the Cds.... and the other Dave for agreeing to sell me my all time top want.

and, and, and

made the short 2 hour trip to Thorne on sat full of excitement,always look forward to this event.nice venue,run by nice people,attended by like minded souls who all like to hear class music.

lots of faces in attendance,blake H,dave & val box,(great news on the wilton dave),steve &lou womble,spot & Gail,col&Shel,PS soul,rob&Kate thomas,fish,boro boys,kirsty,john britton,steve g & loads more nice to see dave rippolies & half the attic boys in attendance.

did it deliver ? hard to fail really with the line up on offer.maria,arthur & andy dyson,but for mo&me we were looking forward to dave flemming.the guys collection is second to none,with 45's to die for(nice guy as well).

was'nt disappointed,played some cracking choons,well done dave.

just one point, do wish the sound system was a little better.getting fantastic music played through a under par system.

all in all, very enjoyable already looking forward to the next one,with the man!! dave rippolies,can't wait.

:wicked::lol::yes:

I`d just like to thank Karen,Maria & Co for asking me to Dj at one of the UK`s leading Soul nights,also to thank all the like minded people that were there that traveled from as far as the South to the North East and anywhere in between to support the venue and the Djs :wicked: ,too many nice people to mention but one lady certainly stood out :yes::lol: ,all in all a great night if you`ve not been before make a date for the next one on Jan 19th with A Pountain & Dave Rippolies,i`ll be there and looking forward to hearing Dave R as he has a stunning collection,anyway Maria has i asked me to put up my playlist for night i tried to mix it up a bit :lol:smile.gif

ELSIE STRONG-ASK THE LONELY-SOUNDS INT

DELORES HOWARD-MY GUY AND I-MASTER

TNJ`s-SHE`S NOT READY-NEWARK

ROYAL ROBINS-ROLLAR COASTER-TRU-GLO-TOWN

EULA COOPER-TRY-TRAGER

WILLIE TEE-FIRST TASTE OF HURT-GATUR

THREE PROPHETS-I THINK I REALLY LOVE YOU-TOGETHER

J,P, ROBINSON-OUR DAY IS HERE-BLUE CANDLE

BOBBY WILBURN-I`M A DREAMER-GAMBLE

ALEX BROWN-I`M NOT RESPONSIBLE-SUNDI

LA`DELLICS-I`LL NEVER CHANGE MY LOVE FOR YOU-MO-JO

GUY ALLEN-CHANGES-ALLEN BROS

PATTERSON TWINS-I NEED YOUR LOVE-MALACO

ERNEST BAKER-ALONE AGAIN-BLUE SOUL

BRENDA JONES-BIG MISTAKE-MERCURY

RHYTHM MACHINE-PUT A SMILE ON TIME-LULU

TRACE OF SMOKE-TREASURE MIND-BJ

WEE-TRY ME-OWL

DAYBREAK-I NEED LOVE-PAP

AUTHENTIKS UNLTD-HEAVEN ONLY KNOWS-COSMOS ENT INC

FLOWERS-FOR REAL-LA XPRESSIO

Dave f....................

Guest soul kitten

Would like to thank Maria and Karen for yet again providing us with a great soul night ,

This place can not be faulted for atmosphere ,fantastic music and good company ,you know who you are. :lol::yes:

got to agree sound system need tweaking but did nt spoil the night.

can honestly say have not had a bad night there, everyone differs from the other but always in a positive way.

Mick H set at the 1st one was one of the best 2 hours of soul music i heard all year,the summer spectacular was just that ,

Saturday night once again Fantastic Andy Dyson and Dave Fleming providing us with some superb music ,once again many new to my ears ,hope Andy Dysons provides his play list (please) :wicked:

Arthur and Maria have been ever present and have been top class through out.

Not forgetting the hostess Karen making the whole package complete

Can really not recommend this place enough Looking forward to "08.

Sharon/Steve

I`d just like to thank Karen,Maria & Co for asking me to Dj at one of the UK`s leading Soul nights,also to thank all the like minded people that were there that traveled from as far as the South to the North East and anywhere in between to support the venue and the Djs :ohmy: ,too many nice people to mention but one lady certainly stood out :yes::no: ,all in all a great night if you`ve not been before make a date for the next one on Jan 19th with A Pountain & Dave Rippolies,i`ll be there and looking forward to hearing Dave R as he has a stunning collection,anyway Maria has i asked me to put up my playlist for night i tried to mix it up a bit :yes::)

ELSIE STRONG-ASK THE LONELY-SOUNDS INT

DELORES HOWARD-MY GUY AND I-MASTER

TNJ`s-SHE`S NOT READY-NEWARK

ROYAL ROBINS-ROLLAR COASTER-TRU-GLO-TOWN

EULA COOPER-TRY-TRAGER

WILLIE TEE-FIRST TASTE OF HURT-GATUR

THREE PROPHETS-I THINK I REALLY LOVE YOU-TOGETHER

J,P, ROBINSON-OUR DAY IS HERE-BLUE CANDLE

BOBBY WILBURN-I`M A DREAMER-GAMBLE

ALEX BROWN-I`M NOT RESPONSIBLE-SUNDI

LA`DELLICS-I`LL NEVER CHANGE MY LOVE FOR YOU-MO-JO

GUY ALLEN-CHANGES-ALLEN BROS

PATTERSON TWINS-I NEED YOUR LOVE-MALACO

ERNEST BAKER-ALONE AGAIN-BLUE SOUL

BRENDA JONES-BIG MISTAKE-MERCURY

RHYTHM MACHINE-PUT A SMILE ON TIME-LULU

TRACE OF SMOKE-TREASURE MIND-BJ

WEE-TRY ME-OWL

DAYBREAK-I NEED LOVE-PAP

AUTHENTIKS UNLTD-HEAVEN ONLY KNOWS-COSMOS ENT INC

FLOWERS-FOR REAL-LA XPRESSIO

Dave f....................

hey Dave, while you're packaging up the LaDellics and Guy Allen for me, you may as well pop Brenda Jones and Wee in, as I really neeeed them too (I've lots of pairs of shoes to trade with your wife :yes::( )

doubt I'll see you out and about over the next couple of months, so will see you in The Canal Tavern in January :lol:

Thanks to everyone for being so kind.

After a few technical hitches, I couldn't relax all night, but thoughroughly enjoyed the music and hoped everyone else had a good time. We had 82.5 people paying on the door (don't ask me explain that - Karen's in charge there :no: ), but given everything that was on last Saturday, it wasn't bad with that and DJs+1.

I must mention Pete (Karen's husband) who helps us girls out lots with promotions and should get a 'thanks' before any other helper.

Thanks to Dave Fleming for posting up his playlist and Andy Dyson has let me know that he'll send his along too. Both played exceptional soul, in my personal opinion. Plus Arthur delivered the goods too, so we've decided to keep him on for 2008 :( .

I've had a long chat with our sound hire guy this morning and we'll be working to sort things. He's also agreed to be on stand-by as much as possible for our dates next year, as we can't pick up everything when the room is empty. The extra problem we have is the beams and columns (and everyone grouping near the bar and record area) muffle the bouncing sound. To add speakers that side of the room would cause delay.... etc, plus whilst some want it louder that side of the room, others are asking me to turn it down as everyone's shouting to hear eachother talk!

We did actually have an extra problem with cuuing on headphones and apologies to our guests as that was me not being able to reset the thingy that I couldn't find on the different mixer that night (sorry! - I've forgotten everything since leaving Oz, but will get back up to speed). However, when one of the boys announced that the right deck "failed", following my near heart attack, I did manage to sort that out by turning it back on! (men, eh? :ohmy: ) :yes:

Kirsty - can you please PM me (or email) those photos you took please.

Thanks again everyone and really hope you can all make January 19th :lol:

m

ps. all four dates are now confirmed for 2008:

19th January - 10th May - 9th August - 22 November

As already said another great night at The Tavern , have to say though musically IMO not as good as the previous 3 this year , perhaps that's because of the problems with the sound system plus I agree with Topsoulcat that Mick H's spot here earlier this year was the best spot we have heard anywhere this year so it was hard to top that.

We arrived at about 9pm and the place was already busy which was a pleasant surprise with everything else on. Andys early spot included a lot of stuff we didn't know but he did play the brilliant 4 Dynamics which is one of my faves, really enjoyed Dave Flemings spot with some quality mid-tempo and then Arthur played a good mixed spot which included another fave with Anthony White- Hey Baby. Andy finished off the night with a few more known tunes than his 1st spot which kept the dancefloor busy.

As also stated there were a few repeats, Montclairs - Hey You was another one but when you look at the Blackpool thread and the repeats they had to endure I don't think we can complain.

So all in all a good night at one of the best venues around.

Thanks again to Karen & Maria,can't wait for the next one in January.

See you soon

Paul & Sue :ohmy::lol:

First time up at Thorne for me. Was really looking forward to it too. Had a ball all the way up, all night and all the way home too. Thanks for the lift Steve, and Jason and Geoff for the banter.

Musically it was fantastic and great to hear some of the sounds that we were talking about on the way up, being played.

I tend to agree with the sound issues, but know that a buildings acoustics can play havoc with a sound system, I'm sure Maria will get round this for next time.

All in all a terrific night and I'll surely be back for more soon.

Thanks Maria and Karen for taking the trouble to make this happen. As they say "Cream always rises to the top"

Cheers D'Arcy

Thanks again for the comments - good or bad. As long as they're honest, you're really helping us out yes.gif .

In my haste before, I forgot to thank our good friends Malayka and Dave for helping out on the door - much appreciated!

Finally, as mentioned earlier - here's playlists from the regulars:

ARTHUR FENN - early spot 8pm

Troy Johnson - I Want You (Soul Beat)

Carmelita - Rosebud (Carmen)

Infinity - Put Everything In Place (Whitehorse)

The Servicemen - I'll Stop Loving You (Grapevine)

The Hesitations - Go Away (Kent)

The Stunners - Nobody But Me (Renfro)

The Pearls - Shooting High (Lamp)

Towana & The Total Destruction - Wear Your Natural, Baby (Romark)

Archie Hodge - I Really Want To See You Girl (Narco)

Eddie Billups - Shake Of That Dream (Helpp)

Gene Chandler - Without You Here (Curtom)

Theola Kilgore - I Can't Stand It (Mercury)

ARTHUR FENN - later spot from 11:15

Herby Brown (with Randy Mather - Sax) - One More Broken Heart (Blue Ash)

Ice - "Reality" (Ice)

The Saints - I'll Let You Slide (Wigwam)

Bobby Rich - There's A Girl Somewhere (Sambea)

Young Ladies - "I'm Tired Of Running Around" (Stang)

Ruby - Feminine Ingenguity (Gold Token)

Marjorie Singleton - Never Let Go (Unissued C/U)

Herman Lewis - Who's Kissing You Tonight (Mercury)

The Celebrities - "I Choose You Baby" (Boss)

Esther Grant - Here I Am (Unissued C/U)

Jessie James - Are You Gonna Leave Me (Shirley)

Detroit Sounds Of Friction - "I'm Leaving You" (Heavy Sound)

Stormie Wynters - Life Saver (Mercury)

The Montclairs - "Hey You! Don't Fight It!" (Arch)

Angela Davis & The Mighty Chevelles - My Love (Is So Strong) (Flaming Arrow)

The Natural Four - I Thought You Were Mine (Boola Boola)

Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back (Fip)

Priceless - Love In Your Life (Decimal)

Anthony White - Hey Baby (Philadelpihia International)

Al Williams - Try Them (Grapevine)

Lynn Varnado - Wash and Wear Love (Gator)

MARIA O - from 8:30pm

Ella Woods - I Need Your Love (Merging)

Connie Austin - Ball Of Fire (King)

Maxine Brown - Don't Leave Me Baby (Epic - LP)

The Dynamics - Whenever I'm Without You (Top Ten)

Richard "Dimples" Fields - And Then...Along Came Belinda (Dat Richfield Kat - LP)

Vee Gees - Talkin (Jump Off)

O.C. Smith - Color Him Father (CBS - LP)

Willie & The Mighty Magnificents - "Check It Baby" (All Platinum)

Norma and the Heartaches - "Nice and Slow" (Vocal) (Joy Ride)

Mark V Unlimited - Gone! (Sagport)

J. Jocko - I'm Getting' Over (Kuma Sutra)

Earth Child - It's Our Day (Marjon)

The Side Show - "Lonely Girl" (Trey)

Richard Caiton - I Like To Get Near You (Up Tight)

Shiela Ferguson - "And In Return" (Swan)

Karmello Brooks - Tell Me, Baby (Milestone)

Brown Bombers & Soul Partners - Wait For Me (Amazing)

----

Anyway, I'm hoping Karen finally posts something up - fingers crossed :D

m

All our crowd came away in good spirits,which reflects a favourable evening.It is stressfull when organising a event -even more so a forwardmusic policy night,considering the ludicrous amount of functions on that night i'd say a healthy turnout.proof is when you look around the room and see people like steve g,dave rip.. ,tony free and even mr cape and semi retired folk like rob thomas !

Regarding the comments about the music,repeating 45's is not a policy i usually follow but the truth of the matter is the said 45's -tanner and webster i'd played in my early set but some folk whom arrived a tad later asked me to play those particular tunes again on half a dozen occasions so at the end of the day the paying customers are number 1 priority imo and have to go away happy.i could have played 2 sets of 1st class 45's that no-one had heard before,but reality isn't that way at any venue so a happy medium has to be reached i think !

Was a pleasure to play along side dave fleming who proved that he has a lot to offer at venues like this,enjoyed what i heard inbetween chatting with folk, which leads me on to montclairs another repeat play- i hadn't heard it played earlier due to chatting and someone asked for it so i played it (sorry bout that).

PLAYLISTS AREN'T SOMETHING I REALLY POST UP,COS SOMETIMES YOU'RE LINING YOURSELF UP FOR A FALL IN VARIOUS WAYS - BUT HERE'S A FEW I PLAYED.

LINDA BALLENTINE-I'M GLAD-BANDIT

RISING SUN-GOOD LOVING -KINGSTON

MIXED SUGAR-IT'S A BAD FEELING-F.G.S

JOSEPH WEBSTER- CROW

KINGS OF SOUL-IS YOUR LOVE FOR ME-D.T.E

RICHARD MARKS-DID YOU EVER LOSE-TUSKA

LYN VERNANDO-SECOND HAND LOVE-YUMMIE ( class ,can't figure it out why it always bombs- makes me play it more !)

EDDIE CAMPBELL-CONTAGIOUS LOVE-ARTCO

SHALIMARS-SUPRISE -C/UP

JERRY WILLIAMS-ORDINARY GIRL- C/UP

TURBINES-START OVER-CENCO

JESSE JAMES-FALLING IN LOVE -BUDDAH

4 DYNAMICS- THINGS THAT A LADY-PEACHTREE

EDDIE PARKER-I NEED TRUE LOVE-MIKO

CHICO LAMAR-WHAT DO YOU THINK-FULLER

ERIC TIG-DON'T YOU HEAR THEM LAUGHING- TUSKA

EMULATIONS-MOVE A LITTLE CLOSER-EMULATE

JOHNNY PRAYE-TOO MUCH LOVE-SIDEWALK

CLYDE MILTON

MILTON PARKER

MATT BROWN-JARVAL

SENSATIONS-DEMANDING MAN-WAY OUT

JESUS ME FINGERS ARE HURTING I'M A LOVER NOT A TYPIST ! HOPE THIS GIVES A REASONABLE REFLECTION ON MY PLAYS,MOST IMPORTANTLY HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED LISTENING TO AT LEAST A COUPLE OF THEM.

WELL DONE LADIES KEEP EM COMING AT THORNE ,PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY KINDA MUSICALLY BALLANCED NIGHT I WANNA DJ AT THESE DAYS..

First time across the pennines to the canal Tavern for me, and considering i was Knackered, driving and sober had a fab night. I realise as a promoter you see things differently, and maria you were in a bit of a tizz, but apart from the valid comments about the sound system-still a great atmosphere, great people having a great time, healthy dancefloor virtually all night and most importantly some fantastic music..... I'll be back ! Jan 19th in fact.....

Dave

Guest BigPaul

made the short 2 hour trip to Thorne on sat full of excitement,always look forward to this event.nice venue,run by nice people,attended by like minded souls who all like to hear class music.

lots of faces in attendance,blake H,dave & val box,(great news on the wilton dave),steve &lou womble,spot & Gail,col&Shel,PS soul,rob&Kate thomas,fish,boro boys,kirsty,john britton,steve g & loads more nice to see dave rippolies & half the attic boys in attendance.

did it deliver ? hard to fail really with the line up on offer.maria,arthur & andy dyson,but for mo&me we were looking forward to dave flemming.the guys collection is second to none,with 45's to die for(nice guy as well).

was'nt disappointed,played some cracking choons,well done dave.

just one point, do wish the sound system was a little better.getting fantastic music played through a under par system.

all in all, very enjoyable already looking forward to the next one,with the man!! dave rippolies,can't wait.

:lol::no::g:

great nite, atmosphere brill,great room and loads of people up 4 what turned out to be a great night. yes Mick i did enjoy the Mid-Tempo to !! we'll be back.Might bring Kev next time Mick.

Think i did the great nite bit twice (oh well it was)

Regards

Paul

....I realise as a promoter you see things differently, and maria you were in a bit of a tizz.....

Yeah, I can see that now. I even took a few photos and can't remember some of them :lol:

< see PHOTOS here >

Thanks again for the playlists guys: - Andy, I know you don't do this often and Dave, I hope you get more bookings because of it. :shades:

Also must mention that if anyone left flyers on table at the door, the spares were taken home by Pete & Karen and they always hand them out at other venues (if the dates are still valid after our events).

m

ps. promise to be ultra-relaxed next one :thumbsup:

Source Advert