Soul at The Ace Details
List of things I DON'T want at my soul night:
1. Dickheads thinking that women dancing is an opportunity to leer and lurch onto the dancefloor clutching their pint.
2. DJ's obsessed by their own ego's rather than a full and happy dancefloor (oooh my copy of Nolan Chance is on Bunky, what's yours on? ffs!)
3. Expensive beer in plastic glasses.
4. Dancefloor populated with previously mentioned dickheads copying dance moves they've seen on Dirty Dancing DVD's (badly).
List of things I DO want at my soul night:
1. Good music whatever the format or label (Whatever happened to "It's what's in the groove that counts"?).
2. Total non-existence of dickhead behaviour whatsoever.
3. Reasonable drinks prices served in GLASS!
4. Sociable, friendly and groovy clientele.
5. Sociable, friendly and groovy DJ's.
And that, brothers and sisters, is why I shall be toddling along to the next Ace of Clubs Soul Night on Saturday 19th October and nowhere else my very good friend.
Let's "be rate", it's the best little soul club in the area and you know it. Usual DJ's lineup (AKA The Derbyshire Soul Collective plus a couple of guest spinners who won't be named because it's about the music), so the quality of tunes is guaranteed.
Fun(ky) starts 8-ish and the pace never lets up until around 1AM or so. It's FREE to get in, the dancefloor awaits, the music is chuffin' buzzin' man, what the hell you waitin' for?
See you there, yeah?
Event Reviews and Talk
Welcome to the Soul at The Ace Event Review Section
There are no reviews to display.