Fabulous Emotions

Citizen P

• 5 years later...

I would guess that the Tamboo issue is a second issue, and was released in 1968 or '69.  Maybe Nico was released in 1967?  Both copies can probably be dated from their pressing plant pressing number.  I don't have either.  But, if someone here has, please tell us what's etched or engraved in the trail.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

I would guess that the Tamboo issue is a second issue, and was released in 1968 or '69.  Maybe Nico was released in 1967?  Both copies can probably be dated from their pressing plant pressing number.  I don't have either.  But, if someone here has, please tell us what's etched or engraved in the trail.

Robb

Just had a look at my Tamboo copy. It is a yellow issue label, the markings in the deadwax are a scratched "T - 5100 - 2" and then a circled 2, there is also a stamped "MASTERING BY FRANKFORD/WAYNE PHILA"

Regards, Dave.

Edited by Millo
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not sure about the Nico being first... and I might be wrong but since there's no "proper" demo (even though there are white labels for both the Fabulous Emotions & the Intrigues, but are they demos at all ?) for the Nico issue N-1000 and the Intrigues 'in a moment' on Bullet (1969) N-1001, why would the Nico be first whilst there's a demo for the Tamboo issue ?

They (Martin & Bell with the Intrigues) went for a bigger exposure to YEW after that. Why would they then launch a "small" project like Tamboo with just two releases after/in between that ? I'd believe it's rather the other way around. The Nico would then be a second release followed by the Intrigues then reach for the sky... And I might be in the wrong at the same time.

There's also the Tam-Boo/Tamboo Chicago label that might have forced them to drop the label's name maybe ?

post-19710-0-71754000-1416836981_thumb.ppost-19710-0-82509200-1416837113.png

post-19710-0-03449300-1416837237_thumb.ppost-19710-0-72224700-1416837253.png

post-19710-0-13465300-1416836933_thumb.ppost-19710-0-30586500-1416836958_thumb.p

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Some more information copied straight from JM's auction site where he has a Tamboo promo for sale.

"This offering is the rarely seen VINYL PROMO press - in fine clean condition. It did of course first appear on the NICO label - but the recent interest and the fact Soul Sam has just dropped a copy into his DJ box, we feel this Promo is worthy of a little speculation as to where it will rank …this time next year.

May we add this VINYL PROMO was pressed from the NICO masterplate - The styrene press, seems to have been born slightly later and remastered and pressed at FRANKFORD & WAYNE. "

Looks like my Tamboo stock copy has to be dropped from the OVO list.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!