Eugene Smiley On K-City (Good Player Copy)

Guest Big Jim Slade

Guest Big Jim Slade

Hello all.

I'm selling this record for a friend who recently dug up a decent vinyl copy of Eugene Smiley's 'Yes It's You' on K-City Records. I live 30 miles from Kansas City and have been a fairly serious record digger for three years. I found a thrashed styrene copy of this last year and this is only the second copy I've ever seen. This was pressed on both vinyl and styrene. Luckily, this is a vinyl copy which will hold its integrity better than styrene copies.

The record is in VG condition. It has surface wear throughout but no deep cuts at all. The record plays well for the grade so please check the link below as I've recorded the tune straight from my turntable. Most copies of this record are thrashed so a VG copy isn't too bad. The only other flaw is an audible scratch which can be heard for the last few rotations of the 45. It only affects the last 10 seconds of the record and, by that point, the song's practically faded out so I don't think it's too big of a deal. Again, check the audio.

I'm taking offers of $300 and up which I think is fair given that stock copies of this modern soul monster run anywhere between $600 and $1000. Of course, I'm a DJ and can assure you that this copy will play well enough for the club if you're not a total stickler. In some senses, this might serve as the perfect player copy since it sounds good but won't pillage your bank account. I'll take offers until Sunday night, central time USA and I'll pay the shipping. The labels are in decent shape too. Send me a PM if you've got any questions. Enjoy the tune.

link: https://www.divshare.com/download/12815618-de7

Big Jim Slade

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!