Ben L'oncle - French Soul Singer - Ever Heard Of Him

Pete S

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No 1 in france at the mo in France , or so am told by a Franch Work colleuge hes been banging on about him for a while appaently hes massive overthere hes played me a few tracks by him and there all been pretty good, just sung in french which for me puts me off as I dont know what hes on about, could be singing very soulfully about a washing machine as far as i know, if you know what i mean

Social source share

No 1 in france at the mo in France , or so am told by a Franch Work colleuge hes been banging on about him for a while appaently hes massive overthere hes played me a few tracks by him and there all been pretty good, just sung in french which for me puts me off as I dont know what hes on about, could be singing very soulfully about a washing machine as far as i know, if you know what i mean

Yeah that's the problem. The backing / music is really good though.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

As it happens I've just invested in his CD, after playing a few more of his YouTube clips. I can understand French (certainly better than I can speak it) so if there are any songs about soulful washing machines on it I'll get back to you...

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest makstax

My daughter Carla who lives in the South of France is coming over next week so I'll ask her if she knows anyhing about this guy & repost then, Melv Kaye

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Well, the CD of the album arrived in the middle of last week, and I have to say that there was nothing on it as good as 'Soulman'.

About half of it is in English, and Ben has very little trace of an accent. It's OK in a Terence Trent D'Arbyish sort of way but his voice is not terribly versatile. I did find my attention wandering on quite a few occasions during its 55 minute running time, several songs going by me without my realising that they'd been and gone.

I didn't hate it, but I couldn't honestly recommend it either...no.gif

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!