Tracks Id Please

Jaco

I have a cd with no track listing and would appreciate some help in identifying the tracks.

I'll put some info up on a couple at a time, in this case the opening lines:

"The poster on the wall says you're wanted, a thousand dollar reward for your heart"

"I have heard my prince(?) say that while I've been away you weren't true to me"

Ta much in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"I have heard my prince(?) say that while I've been away you weren't true to me"

The lyrics ring a bell. Can't name the track yet but I do know it's rather "friends" instead of "prince". George Smith - I've had it springs to mind but it's not the right one, is it?

Social source share

The lyrics ring a bell. Can't name the track yet but I do know it's rather "friends" instead of "prince". George Smith - I've had it springs to mind but it's not the right one, is it?

Just listened to again and it's "friends" rather than "prince" which now seems completely stupid!

Not George Smith.

The chorus seems to be "Tell me should I come back home to you"

Social source share

This one sounds very familiar. Is the lead vocal male or female? Is it early 60s?

Bob, two different tracks, both female vocals.

The "This is my first time in love" starts with the opening lyrics - "You tell me you love me and swore it by the stars up above"

The "People are saying that I'm a fool......" chorus appears to be - "My man is qualified"

Social source share

Bob, two different tracks, both female vocals.

The "This is my first time in love" starts with the opening lyrics - "You tell me you love me and swore it by the stars up above"

The "People are saying that I'm a fool......" chorus appears to be - "My man is qualified"

the second one is doris troy - he's qualified - capitol

the one that sounds familiar is the first one

Social source share

I think the track i was thinking of for the first one was Delores Howard on Master. But I don't own the 45 and can't find my recording of it and it's not on youtube. That's not the one you're thinking of is it?

I think that might be it, Bob.

Thanks.

Social source share

On a roll now - 3 out of 4 so far.

Couple more:

Male vocal R & B kinda thing - "Hey now baby, hey now ??? (repeated) you betta slow down, you been running wild. You been runnning round with that no good fool....." opening lines.

Female vocal - Opening chorus/hook - "Love is what you make it, you've got to give and take it"

Social source share

On a roll now - 3 out of 4 so far.

Couple more:

Male vocal R & B kinda thing - "Hey now baby, hey now ??? (repeated) you betta slow down, you been running wild. You been runnning round with that no good fool....." opening lines.

Female vocal - Opening chorus/hook - "Love is what you make it, you've got to give and take it"

is the second one ja neen henry on blue rock? I can't find audio of it right now and it's too late to pull out the record and listen without pissing of my neighbors

Social source share

Thanks for the input so far, guys.

A couple more - both opening lines:

Female vocal, spoken intro - "I gave you my heart and you took it for a game, now you want it back ain't that a shame"

Male vocal - "It's in my soul now and it's out of control"

Thanks.

Social source share

Thanks for the input so far, guys.

A couple more - both opening lines:

Female vocal, spoken intro - "I gave you my heart and you took it for a game, now you want it back ain't that a shame"

Male vocal - "It's in my soul now and it's out of control"

Thanks.

the female one sounds familiar. is it slow or fast and does it sound early 60s, late 60s, early 70s,late 70s, etc.?

Social source share

the female one sounds familiar. is it slow or fast and does it sound early 60s, late 60s, early 70s,late 70s, etc.?

Bob, definitely a fast one. Sounds early 60's if anything.

Chorus includes the line "You'd better back up and get away from here, because what you said, you said last year"

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, so I did this a few weeks ago and got a great response to the unknown tracks on this CD.

If anybody still wants to play here are a few more:

Female vocal - opening lyrics "You can't imagine the way I felt the day we met, the feeling I had that day with my heart up around my head"

Male vocal - opening lyrics "You've been out partying all night long, and you're having so much fun you've forgotten that your man's back home"

Male vocal - opening lyrics "You keep telling me lies that you don't love me, but I can see in your eyes that you don't mean that at all"

Thanks in advance.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert