Jamo Thomas

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Spot on.

Just listened to my UK copy and can confirm it plays "Stop The Baby".

I as much as said this in post 3, I incorrectly thought 'I'll be your fool' was the title given to the UK issue of 'stop' without realising it was already the title of another record, if that makes sense, so Bravs post kinda caught me off gaurd, :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cant play the utube clips at work but I've got the Conlo one, heard both 'releases' of 'Stop...' before and I'm sure the Conlo's a bit more meaty, the Conlo one is the one that got played around the usual Scottish venues in the 80's

A popular tune for Colin Law if my memory serves me right.

gary

Social source share

A popular tune for Colin Law if my memory serves me right.

gary

It was Mark Linton who used to play this Gary, got this on a tape from Mark in mid 80's after he's 2 year 'break' from the soul scene, was deff pre Alanton cant remember what he had it covered up as, but it was a great tape all his biggies at the time, Preston Peters, covered up as Saxie Russell, Soul Messengers, Contessa's still covered up as Twans, his Eddie Bishop c/u, Whispering Shadows the man had some tunes and great taste

Social source share

It was Mark Linton who used to play this Gary, got this on a tape from Mark in mid 80's after he's 2 year 'break' from the soul scene, was deff pre Alanton cant remember what he had it covered up as, but it was a great tape all his biggies at the time, Preston Peters, covered up as Saxie Russell, Soul Messengers, Contessa's still covered up as Twans, his Eddie Bishop c/u, Whispering Shadows the man had some tunes and great taste

I bow to your better memory. He had some great tunes, I've got a tape somewhere from him that I must dig out and listen to. If I find it I'll let you know what's on it for comparison.

gary

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Spot on Harry , I got this off Mark early 90s... And still got plenty if miles out it.

Great taste he had.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert