Fear Ive Been Ripped Off ...name & Shame

Daz Mc

Here we go , yet another seller who may have took my money and run , i bought a record off a seller named " ORDINARYJ " 2 weeks ago , ive still not received my record , his name comes up on the paypal statement as CRAIG JAMIESON...Anyone know him or got his number as i cannot get my money back because i paid as a gift. Ive been in touch with a moderator and told them in will name and shame , its hasppening too much, apparently he hadnt been on soul source for a year comes on and puts records for sale and hasnt been on since. 2 weeks isnt on.

Edited by daz mc
Social source share

Thieving bast**d hope you get your dough back mate this is blatent stealing see you soon boss Simon.

I think exactly the same Si so i thought f**k it , im gonna name and shame the thieving ba****d , i will stand up for me and everyone on here whos been ripped off

Social source share

not good Daz. i feel for you but reckon this will smoke them out.

i had an incident where i gifted someone with little credence and no feed back score on here and got f%%ked over a few weeks back. lying about grading

people should gift with caution. its hot a nice feeling when you have your hands tied.

turns out this geezer i bought from is a bit of a clueless idiot at best proper 'Jeremy Hunt MP' at worst. you live and learn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

not good Daz. i feel for you but reckon this will smoke them out.

i had an incident where i gifted someone with little credence and no feed back score on here and got f%%ked over a few weeks back. lying about grading

people should gift with caution. its hot a nice feeling when you have your hands tied.

turns out this geezer i bought from is a bit of a clueless idiot at best proper 'Jeremy Hunt MP' at worst. you live and learn

To be honest i always pay as a gift , ( cuts paypal costs down for us guys ) , i will now never pay as a gift unless i know them and there are some decent honest folk on here , many im friends with, its just a shame that theres the odd bad apple.

Social source share

Here we go , yet another seller who may have took my money and run , i bought a record off a seller named " ORDINARYJ " 2 weeks ago , ive still not received my record , his name comes up on the paypal statement as CRAIG JAMIESON...Anyone know him or got his number as i cannot get my money back because i paid as a gift. Ive been in touch with a moderator and told them in will name and shame , its hasppening too much, apparently he hadnt been on soul source for a year comes on and puts records for sale and hasnt been on since. 2 weeks isnt on.

Look at his profile. This was the guy who lost his record box in London in Dec 2010 and was quick enough to accept replacements from folks on here.

At that time he posted his contact number as 07952716787.

Hope you get sorted.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

understand that mate but still no need to pay as a gift if you do as i said in the post. hope you get it sorted

if sellers won't take paypal other than gift they should factor in the costs and paypal fees and receive money visa normal paypal methods (goods). Time we all refused to use gift.

Hope you get sorted Daz.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

if sellers won't take paypal other than gift they should factor in the costs and payola fees and receive money visa normal paypal methods (goods). Time we all refused to use gift.

Hope you get sorted Daz.

Your right Chalky , its certainly made me more wary , thanks guys , its hopefully making people more aware as we are dealing with people accross the world , 99% are great , its a shame theres a few that arent.

Social source share

Look at his profile. This was the guy who lost his record box in London in Dec 2010 and was quick enough to accept replacements from folks on here.

At that time he posted his contact number as 07952716787.

Hope you get sorted.

Bollox, thought I recognised the name when I saw it.......I felt sorry for the guy and sent him about 8 records, nowt rare but a few £30 - £40 records that I had a few copies of, and the rest 10 - 15 quidders.

Don't think I ever had so much as a thanks off him.

Live and learn eh!

Social source share

Bollox, thought I recognised the name when I saw it.......I felt sorry for the guy and sent him about 8 records, nowt rare but a few £30 - £40 records that I had a few copies of, and the rest 10 - 15 quidders.

Don't think I ever had so much as a thanks off him.

Live and learn eh!

Mace ,sorry to hear this mate , i wonder how many others he's fooled into this .....good scam when you think really , he advertises a modern soul nite site in Scotland as he lives in Edinburgh , which he runs / d.j's , someone off here must know him, i will ring him again till he's sick of me.

Edited by daz mc
Social source share

Mace ,sorry to hear this mate , i wonder how many others he's fooled into this .....good scam when you think really , he advertises a modern soul nite site in Scotland as he lives in Edinburgh , which he runs / d.j's , someone off here must know him, i will ring him again till he's sick of me.

I remember thinking it was odd after I'd sent him the package and he reposted his missing list a few days later and some of those still listed were in the package I'd sent...think I even pmed him to question if he'd received package cus of reposted list.... but not sure I ever got a reply.

No biggie, probably only cost me a few bucks each all told, but wouldn't do it again unless it's some-one I know.

Can't imagine him running a modern night with the list he posted...mainly R&B and Ska from what I remember.

Got a few good mates up there...will ask a few questions see if anybody knows him....

Edited by Mace
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I remember thinking it was odd after I'd sent him the package and he reposted his missing list a few days later and some of those still listed were in the package I'd sent...think I even pmed him to question if he'd received package cus of reposted list.... but not sure I ever got a reply.

No biggie, probably only cost me a few bucks each all told, but wouldn't do it again unless it's some-one I know.

Can't imagine him running a modern night with the list he posted...mainly R&B and Ska from what I remember.

Got a few good mates up there...will ask a few questions see if anybody knows him....

Good onya mate , to be honest it was only £17 but its my £17 , i couldnt give 2 f***s if it was 17 pence , im a man of very high principle, i WILL get my just desserts one way or the other.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

sorry to hear of the prat ripping you off,you keep on his case how ever long it takes,cant let him get away with it,ps did you get the records i sent you ok?cheers sammy

Hi Sammy , yes mate ,sorry meant to email you and let you know , much appreciated , thanks very much.

Many Regards

Daz

Social source share

Someone on here has sent him free records and may still have his address

Hopefully , its 400 miles to edinburgh from my house......what a surprise that would be ...me knockin on his door for a £17 record which will have cost me about £80 in petrol , oh well im a man of principle...scotland here i come. lol

Edited by daz mc
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

not a nice thing to happen daz,no matter how much it was.

seem's very stupid to be a wanted man for just £17.

just hope it wasnt a tune he recieved from a caring source member that he was selling.

maybe...FLAME N KING on grapevine was the tune if anyone on here sent it to him.

Social source share

If you go onto www.modernlovers.co.uk and click on PRESS,and scroll down the page, there's a pic of Craig Jameson on there!!!

From my neck off the woods but sorry i don't recognise him.

Social source share

What's with the f***ing yo-yo :lol:

Sorry didn't mean to trivialise theft.

well the scene has its up's & downs,lol.

i dj'd with the belle & sebastian guy(seemed a good guy) @ a new club opening night in aberdeen once.but deffo dont know the craig guy.

ps.hibs supporter's club edinburgh is a great sunday alldayer,great venue.

Edited by sepia
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

well the scene has its up's & downs,lol.

i dj'd with the belle & sebastian guy(seemed a ggood guy) @ a new club opening night in aberdeen once.but deffo dont know the james guy.

ps.hibs supporter's club edinburgh is a great sunday alldayer,great venue.

Chris Geddes - Met them all around the turn of the century at the Union at Strathclyde Uni. He licked some late 60's stuff and lots of 70's but we agreed on the divisions between different genre's of music being a bad thing he advocates mixing it all in ift goo enough.

EDIT: JUst realised how far OT this is now appologies feel free to delete.

Edited by ged parker
Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Can't believe a promoter or DJ would want to ruin their reputation over £17..

Hopefully just an example of sloppy or lazy responses but considering all the free records members sent him, not good behaviour at all, doesn't require much effort to send an email does it..

I've had packages get held up for weeks , seems a bit excessive to call in the cavalry this soon, just my opinion though !

Hope this gets resolved asap, I sold stacks of records to Chris and he really is a top lad , sure I've sold to Craig too .

Social source share

I know Craig from when I lived in Edinburgh, he seems a genuine guy.

Can't imagine he'd rip someone off for £17? Maybe give the guy the benefit of the doubt and check there's not been a mistake at the Post Office. Have you checked your sorting Office?

Cheers

Emily

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Right,

lets get this sorted. I have been away on holiday and immedialey paid a full refund for the record when i came back (Paypal Unique Transaction ID # 24Y83219JA048432X)

The record was the UK copy of Flame & Kings which was sold for £15, of which i covered the postage. The 45 had a mark on it which i inadvertantley missed and was therefore quite happy to pay the refund once i got back home.

This really is quite nasty stuff directed toward somebody who was simply running behind because he was on holiday. Furthermore, absolutley everybody who sent a record to me after getting my box stolen received a thank you email - I would urge to look in your message boxes if you somehow missed it.

Craig

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I certainly dont know him unless Ive met him at a soul night! Daft to get so much flack over 17 quid I got ripped off last year for 70 quid to that arsehole Chandresh Mittal but Ive just put it behind me in one respect but I still send him emails every so often which probably bugs him! I hope the guy Craig at least sends you a pm to say sorry mate!

Wow just as I was typing!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

I certainly dont know him unless Ive met him at a soul night! Daft to get so much flack over 17 quid I got ripped off last year for 70 quid to that arsehole Chandresh Mittal but Ive just put it behind me in one respect but I still send him emails every so often which probably bugs him! I hope the guy Craig at least sends you a pm to say sorry mate!

Wow just as I was typing!

people on here flip out at the drop of a hat, then there's always 10 coming in to cuss the other person out (assuming they're also not online here).

Social source share

Right,

lets get this sorted. I have been away on holiday and immedialey paid a full refund for the record when i came back (Paypal Unique Transaction ID # 24Y83219JA048432X)

The record was the UK copy of Flame & Kings which was sold for £15, of which i covered the postage. The 45 had a mark on it which i inadvertantley missed and was therefore quite happy to pay the refund once i got back home.

This really is quite nasty stuff directed toward somebody who was simply running behind because he was on holiday. Furthermore, absolutley everybody who sent a record to me after getting my box stolen received a thank you email - I would urge to look in your message boxes if you somehow missed it.

Craig

Im sure you are an honerable bloke Craig,,,,,,

Maybe you should have made it clear in your sales post that you were going away and anyone who sends you money may have to wait for the records owed to them untill you got back!

To just go away and not inform your buyer isnt really good is it??

To pass it off as running behind is a bit rich imo ,,, but hey ho mayby it isnt

Nige

Edited by Nige Brown
Social source share

I've had someone complain today because he bougt a record off me on thursday - thursday night that is, after the post offices shut - I couldn't do post friday, so was going to post today and he would have got it tomorrow...except he's complaining about it being late.

You set the bar quite high though Pete with the speed of your usual service.

Social source share

:thumbsup: Good to see that this issue is resolved now.

Craig, that's a reasonable explananation but you really should have made your imminent absence clear to any buyer beforehand. On the odd occasion I've purchased at a higher price from a UK seller (as opposed to buying from the U.S. and expecting it to take longer to arrive) simply because I wanted to add a tune to a forthcoming playlist. I'd have been a bit miffed then if my experience had been similar to Daz's.

Lessons learned all around I guess.

Social source share