Soul Brothers Inc Original Or Boot?

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi. The one i have has nothing like that, it is identical to any others i have seen on you tube, so im looking for matrix id or something very subtle. Cheers. Baz

I think it has a little star on the label and its ,£10 buy it now.

Just found 7 boots on ebay.

Social source share

Cheers Julian, ill check that out, ive had this some time now & im pretty sure i bought it as original, but i seem to think a few years ago i saddly convinced myself it was a boot.... But just want to find out for sure before i sell it. Any idea what an original one is worth today by any chance? Cheers Baz.

Hi

I have a Golden Eye DJ Copy

Matrix reads GB-1001-A then it has 165 ( not sure of this as B side has 145 scratched in) MHC ( again looks like this but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be!!!)

Hope this helps

Julian

Social source share

Hi. Thats ok, ive just looked on ebay the only one on there is the one im selling, so you can see that it looks identicle to any other copy ive ever seen, i just wondered if there was any sure fire way of telling which is a boot. Cheers Baz.

Sorry was thinking about the other one. Oops.

I did get a boot in the post once, big jukebox middle, laser printed label.

Social source share

Hi. Thats ok, ive just looked on ebay the only one on there is the one im selling, so you can see that it looks identicle to any other copy ive ever seen, i just wondered if there was any sure fire way of telling which is a boot. Cheers Baz.

Its the boot.

Compare the size of the label to the hole in the sleeve and then look at your Modulations or Cookie Scott.

I doubt you will have ever been able to pick this up cheeply enough to think it was a boot but maybe an original? How long have you had it?

Edit:

on looking again it appears that all your pics are from different sources, different backgrounds, sizes, some sleaved, some not, some cropped some not. But the picture is of the boot anyway.

Edited by ged parker
Social source share

Its the boot.

Compare the size of the label to the hole in the sleeve and then look at your Modulations or Cookie Scott.

I doubt you will have ever been able to pick this up cheeply enough to think it was a boot but maybe an original? How long have you had it?

Edit:

on looking again it appears that all your pics are from different sources, different backgrounds, sizes, some sleaved, some not, some cropped some not. But the picture is of the boot anyway.

Its the boot.

Edit:

Hi. Sorry i forgot to mention, the picture is not my 45, it was just one i found in goole, so no reference to the sleeve im affraid. As for feel of it, unless i have something to compare it to, cant do that either. I totally agree that i believe it is a boot, but wouldnt i look a prick if it turned out to be a real one & i sold it for 99 p. I have had it a few years and i can t remember exactly how much, but it was def more than a 10 or 20 quid. Any constructive help apreciated. Thanks.

Ps. The one i have does look like the one in the picture, but also like every other one ive looked at on you tube also, so are they all boots? Or is there some difinitive way of spoting the diference. Cheers.

Social source share

Hi Pete. I cant go on the feel as i have nothing to compare it too. As for the look i have checked out all the ones on you tube and in goole images and can find nothing that looks in anyway obviously different, so are they all boots or is there an obvious difference, that is an instant give away. Cheers.

Boot looks and feels nothing like the original...

Social source share

Hi Pete. I cant go on the feel as i have nothing to compare it too. As for the look i have checked out all the ones on you tube and in goole images and can find nothing that looks in anyway obviously different, so are they all boots or is there an obvious difference, that is an instant give away. Cheers.

Well the Golden Eye logo is a different shade but I can't see a pic of yours so can't tell you, also the bootleg feels like a vinyl carver, it's pretty thick

Social source share

Hi. Sorry i forgot to mention, the picture is not my 45, it was just one i found in goole, so no reference to the sleeve im affraid. As for feel of it, unless i have something to compare it to, cant do that either. I totally agree that i believe it is a boot, but wouldnt i look a prick if it turned out to be a real one & i sold it for 99 p. I have had it a few years and i can t remember exactly how much, but it was def more than a 10 or 20 quid. Any constructive help apreciated. Thanks.

Ps. The one i have does look like the one in the picture, but also like every other one ive looked at on you tube also, so are they all boots? Or is there some difinitive way of spoting the diference. Cheers

Put it in a sleave and if you can see all around the label its the lookalike boot. Or check the matrix as shown by Julian.

Social source share

There are a couple on you tube, one shows a lighter shade, one darker,of lettering, asuming that the videos are accurate representations of the colours i would say mine is the lighter one. Its tricky when using you tube as sometimes the colours are not always accurate.

Matrix reads GB-1001-A 165 in the deadwax, Baz :thumbsup:

Cheers Bri. Its up at Gary`s so im going over to pick it up and check it now!

Well the Golden Eye logo is a different shade but I can't see a pic of yours so can't tell you, also the bootleg feels like a vinyl carver, it's pretty thick

Social source share

Bottom one is like the one i have, but wasnt sure if the other one was a different shade or just a photo effect.

Bottom one looks like the crap I won thinking it was a real un. Just don't look right or sound right, its not a great recording for a 70ts record anyway.

Social source share

The Scans look like the two i have seen on you tube, so as i suspected it is a boot!!! It looks exactly like the bottom one, but i had to check just for my own piece of mind. Thanks to everyone who has contributed, much appreciated. Baz.

There are a couple on you tube, one shows a lighter shade, one darker,of lettering, asuming that the videos are accurate representations of the colours i would say mine is the lighter one. Its tricky when using you tube as sometimes the colours are not always accurate.

Cheers Bri. Its up at Gary`s so im going over to pick it up and check it now!

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Just had one of these with Capricorn XL2 on the B side with a stamped matrix reading 68294H2/A Possibly GB294H2/A wishy washy label not like the one with Michigan on the B Side. Bought it as a boot but the fact it has a stamped matrix is making me question it. It is quiet thick Vinyl molded over label

Social source share

Put it in a sleave and if you can see all around the label its the lookalike boot. Or check the matrix as shown by Julian.

The 1st boots of this used a correct size label.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert