Soul Nights In Cardiff (Or A Reasonable Surrounding Distance)

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Looking for some assistance from the Welsh contingent regarding any upcoming across the board Soul nights in the Cardiff area as two of my old mates have expressed an interest in re-discovering their missing mojo's !!

Much obliged,

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest john s

Well there's Go, Go Children just over the bridge in Bristol - and we do see a few Cardiffians (probably not the exact term, I know) there...

Social source share

I live in Cardiff. Depends what you're looking for and depends what you mean by Cardiff area.

(1) Nige Graham runs the Porthcawl nights with Sean Chapman as resident - 60s club soul classics, Northern classics and a touch of ska. Beautiful venue - Porthcawl Pavilion - breathtaking - on Facebook under 'Porthcawl Soul Nights'

(2) James Parker runs Cafe A Go Go in Cardiff but has been absent this last 3 months. Mod oriented and now live bands are a regular feature - musically a real mix of R&B, club soul, funk and Northern with a dash of ska and Mod classics around the live sets (on Facebook under 'Cafe A Go Go')

(3) Pete & Cathy Lyster's Bridgwater nights cater for the Northern/rare soul fraternity - advertised on here

(4) Gloucester all nighters at Wooton Hall (superb - main room, Northern plus Ton of Dynamite - underplayed and funky) and other events - all advertised here;

(5) Soulfusion Cheltenham - advertised here; 3 rooms - Northern, Modern and Motown, very popular

(6) Weston Grand Atlantic - Northern in another truly fabulous venue - Martin Pilnick's got one coming up in October I think

(7) And, as John says above, GoGo Children Bristol - 1st Saturday monthly (except next month which is 8th September I think) - always advertised on here and check out on Facebook - great mix and different

They're the regular ones I can think of within an hour (and a bit) of Cardiff. PM me if you like.

Best wishes. Mark.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert