Edwin Starr- I Have Faith In You - Reo

Dennisoul

Hi Andy

i hope you are well mate?

i have one of these also, picked up on a trip to canada

must be quite rare - i seen listed at £150??

jim

Hi Jim...I'm good mate, good to see you on SS, hope your doing well...seems to be not an easy release to track down...I'm sure I got this off Barney at Allanton.

atb

Andy

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

dave moore has a couple of items on reo so he may be able to help also, it does appear to have quite an eclectic catalogue, why might that be...anyone. i would like a willie hutch "the duck" on a nice red demo on reo, now that would be nice

Social source share

dave moore has a couple of items on reo so he may be able to help also, it does appear to have quite an eclectic catalogue, why might that be...anyone. i would like a willie hutch "the duck" on a nice red demo on reo, now that would be nice

I think it was a bit like the Canadian equivalent of UK Stateside - licensed in product from many labels, produced none of it's own music.

Social source share

That's true, but, unlike UK Stateside (I believe), REO did license Canadian productions.

I can think of a handful of UK production that came out on Stateside Robb, Kenny Miller is one, The Untamed is another, the link being American producer Shel Talmy who produced both records.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What - sure like "think" or sure like "positive" Robb? - as sure as you need to be if playing Russian Roulette?  :g:

Cheers

Richard

It's not listed on Global Dog -only "Real Humdinger".  I'm in Munich now.  I'll have to wait until I return home to see if I have it myself.  Maybe I was only remembering "Real Humdinger, but I don't think so.  I'm picturing reading it off the label.  My photographic memory doesn't fail me much )although, I wouldn't stake my life on it, as it was almost exactly 50 years ago.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!