[Rs] julien covey - a little bit hurt - island

Guest miff

Title: julien covey - a little bit hurt - island
Artist: julien covey
Track: a little bit hurt
Label: island

Record information:

another cheepie from me, i used to run to get to the dance floor for this. someone's tried to make this look like an import by dinking the middle and even put a drill hole in it i guess the torn label is were they tried to remove any trace of its uk origins. same really. am i right in thinking that the original is on phillips ?

Social source share

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Anyone know why two French 45s? I have the red one in it's pic sleeve. Red one looks way cooler than any other other variant I reckon. Promo maybe?

Dave

French record labels could easily press a record twice and different times/years, they'd use whatever the colour of the moment was. Yes the red one is nice, always find those German dark grey/green so dour. Here's an oddy, Julien spelt Julian !

post-4408-0-96890400-1397553479_thumb.jp

Social source share

Title: julien covey - a little bit hurt - island

Artist: julien covey

Track: a little bit hurt

Label: island 

Info:

another cheepie from me, i used to run to get to the dance floor for this. someone's tried to make this look like an import by dinking the middle and even put a drill hole in it i guess the torn label is were they tried to remove any trace of its uk origins. same really. am i right in thinking that the original is on phillips ? view soul record info

You say "cheapie" a pink one just went for £60.00 on Ebay......... :g:  

Social source share

Hi Chris Not according to the thread.  I paid £7 for a copy at St Ives all nighter in 76 which was about half my weekly wages then.  Mike

Funny, about 3 or 4 years ago they were as cheap as chips, they've gone up in in price this year, probably played on tv  :huh:

Social source share

I have this one, also have the original Island 45

I managed to pick up a phillips demo cheap about 6-7 years ago (maybe £20-£30 at most, in m- )

Social source share