Eric And The Vikings

Bit of easy info needed- whats on the flip of the 7" of 'Hurting" on Kool Kat ? I know it's one of the other tracks on the 12" E.P. but can't remember which. Also, was it the only 7" from the E.P. ? Ta !

Social source share

Thanks Peter- I think the fact it was two tracks on the 'b' that threw me. Does anyone know aything about the Denise And The Devotions" track "Shy Guy" on the 12" ?

Social source share

• 8 years later...

While on the subject of the band, found this the other day down my mum's. From an acetate Popcorn gave me many years ago, 'Get off the streets ya'll'. 1min longer than the Soulhawk 45 and with partial vocals. Popcorn really goes for it on piano in his typically 'honky tonk' style, enjoy............................

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think the black vinyl copies had one B side track but the red vinyl had two

Nope.

Huh? My 7" only has one track on the flip, Willie Jones.

Never heard of a 7 inch two track, only the three track, on both red and black vinyl. You are talking about the 7" Kool Kat release Kool 5, aren't you?

Can you post a scan of this please.

Cheers

Social source share

It's always been in my mind that these 'nearly' instrumentals (In The Pocket, Backstreets, etc) were forerunners of "karaoke for artists", so they could take an acetate of them to a club and audition without the clubs live band having to be there.

I cannot think of any other reason to have some backing tracks that are not the exact same as the released song (unless they were 'try outs', but then that wouldn't explain how they ended up being found where they were found :huh:

I'm full of crackpot theories, and this is just one. I should have worked on X-Files or Warehouse 13 :yes:  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!