Eddie Parker On Manships Site

Sheldonsoul

Off to see my bank manager............my opening sell will be " do the research mate, as with most investments your final resale value may go down as well as up....unless it's a minty Eddie Parker, in this case it will only ever increase in it's market value" ....FACT!!

Daz.

Social source share

Did I or did I not put one up for auction on here on someone's behalf maybe 4, 5 years ago and it didn't reach it's reserve of £4,500? So it's now worth more than double that is it?

you know what it's like pete something of real rarity and value will only go up in price, if it gos for 8 k you can bet your life in 2/3 years the buyer could proberbly get 10k for it in the condition condition condition it's in ( sorry got a touch of the man ships there ) lol
Social source share

Guest Seagrave

Did I or did I not put one up for auction on here on someone's behalf maybe 4, 5 years ago and it didn't reach it's reserve of £4,500? So it's now worth more than double that is it?

Some people may not like it, but the biggest dealers with the highest reputations (such as John Manship, Pat Brady, and Tim Brown) have the best web sites, best contacts and greatest exposure. Consequently they continue to regularly achieve prices which others cannot match.

Probably better for any competitors not to give the impression of being jealous and resentful, but to positively advertise their own strengths and to work on their marketing.

And besides, nothing wrong as a seller in providing a quality product at a cheaper price. Some people like to shop at Harrod's, others prefer Sainsbury's.

Social source share

Guest Seagrave

I don't think he was Seagrave.

Fair enough.

In which case the simple answer to his question is probably 'yes'. But all will be revealed at the end of the auction (or even before!).

Social source share

What's the point on bidding now with ages to go never seen the point of doing this

==================================================================================

To ensure some other 'git' doesn't get it cheap perhaps? (human nature and all that???) :lol: :lol: :lol: ......... :wicked:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Probably better for any competitors not to give the impression of being jealous and resentful

Jealous? I was asking if the record is now worth more than double what it worth when I was asked to sell it. It wasn't mine anyway so why would I be jealous of whatever price this latest one makes? If I had one of my own and it sold for a low price, then I might be "jealous and resentful". For about 2 minutes.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Rare yes BUT how many are known to exist.Must be maybe 25/30 in the UK.

John Anderson is well documented as having once had a 'three-figure quantity' of this disc many moons ago.

Think Paul Donnelly may have even seen them at the time...I'm sure he will confirm, should he read this thread.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

I agree with Steve Foran regards this, and am a little puzzled as to why this has rocketing in value and cred since the 90s. I sold my copy back in the 90s for around 700, I think it actually hung around no buyers for a week or two. Regarding the rarity, there was a fantastic story published in Chris Fletcher's soul source by Gary Rushbrooke 'Detroit is Happening' which touched on this.

Social source share

John Anderson is well documented as having once had a 'three-figure quantity' of this disc many moons ago.

Think Paul Donnelly may have even seen them at the time...I'm sure he will confirm, should he read this thread.

:hatsoff2:

Yes John had "quantity" and was always well in with both Jack and Eddie (if you follow his lists from the early days thats why all the new Eddie Parker releases appeared on there too, things like "Dream" etc etc) :thumbsup:

Steve

Social source share

I sold a copy last year to a mate for way less than what it's expected to fetch but hey there's plenty money out there and people willing to pay decent dosh for quality rare records in pristine condition..

Me I like buying rare 45's with a few marks and bit of history for next to nowt LOL

Think I may know who that is Ian and I told him at the time he'd got a real bargain, and as you said a lot less than some of the prices being branded about on here.

Social source share

don;t forget Manny has to deduct 20% vat from the eventual sold figure..

Wouldn’t it be 20% of his 20% commission only? I think that's right, but correct me if I'm wrong. Whichever, the seller will lose 20% of the sale to commission - If the vat paid was 20% of the sold figure, the seller would be losing 40% after the commision, so that can't be right.

All the best,

Len :)

P.s - Makes me really think about parting with my copy though, as I have a Corporation Tax Bill I can't afford coming my way....

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

are there many records that go above 5k these days? surely it's only the proven rarities that reach this figure and beyond,might be worth doing a seperate thread on this,just for the vulgarity of it!..haha

The shrine records on Johns auctions have been hitting the dizzy heights for the last few months .

Sound a bit dated to my ears but they are collector items ,so good cond shrines are very desirable eh :)

Social source share

are there many records that go above 5k these days? surely it's only the proven rarities that reach this figure and beyond,might be worth doing a seperate thread on this,just for the vulgarity of it!..haha

The shrine records on Johns auctions have been hitting the dizzy heights for the last few months .

Sound a bit dated to my ears but they are collector items ,so good cond shrines are very desirable eh :)

Social source share

Any one for a consortium?...one month each a year?! Actually I take that back as still couldn't afford it and even if I could I think I'd still prefer to go out and dance to it now and then...let someone else have the worry of ownership / potential damage when playing it out.

Brilliant record and will never forget the first time I heard it, which unlike you lot wasn't actually that many years ago.

Ahh but the hundreds of other amazing records to be chased down and enjoyed instead.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!