I`d Rather Leave On My Feet/you Turn Me On. What`s Best Version?

Hammersoul

I'd rather leave on my feet  

1. 1. Best version?

• Clyde Milton
    • Emmanuel Laskey
    • Fourth Day
    • The Magnificients

Doing a poll to see what`s you fav version of all this on  different track titles.

I could also do with what year they were released,this is what info i have got from previous threads on this:

I`d rather leave on my feet-Clyde Milton on Disco Tac Records "Ž— CM 101

it seems this was first version,maybe late 70`s/79? :g:  :g: 

I`d rather leave on my feet-Emmanuel Laskey on Dt 100

Came out in 1980 on 2 presses.For me the Green one and best version. Silver is a different mix.So this was first release on this label so rest are 

all from the 80`s.

You turn me on-Fourth Day on Dt 104.

Great double sider and the best version for me,same backing as I`d rather leave etc but different lyrics.No year on this,any ideas? :g:  :g: 

You Turn Me On-Magnificents Dt 104.

Slower version from memory(used to have it)  same label number as Fourth Day so did they get released same year?

Feel free to add any more versions :thumbsup: 

Clock is ticking  :wave: 

Edited by mike
Social source share

sad but a common story on artists money from records.

I like them all.

I have clyde & laskey's,

never got round to buyin fourth day,my hate had it but sold it soon after as didn't like production compared to lackey's,think fourth days was same as laskey's silver label production.

I listen to laskey's full disco version b-side everytime,just love the inst break in it.

Social source share

Can't we agree it's just a pretty good tune from the late Dennis Talley and great that he kept recycling it. :thumbsup:

Will try and find my pics of 4th Day, Emmanuel in the 70s etc. But that reminds me....when I interviewed Mr Laskey in 1999 on Soul 24-7 radio he was living in a project in abject poverty, he claimed he'd been ripped off of all his records etc. And a singer who gave so many so much pleasure with his singing.

Steve,have you still got  podcast of the show i could listen to pls? Looking for year of release on all these?

Thx for all replies so far  :thumbup:

I agree the disco mix is the better  side and the one  i always used to play but now i`m getting into the other side :g:

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest UPTITE U250A

Bought EL and 4thD as new releases...so still prefer 4thD and EL (green label version)in that order...old(v.old)habits....die-hard! :facepalm:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!