Pat Lewis Sold On Ebay

• Replies 37
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A couple things -

Dererk Daily /  occasional 45 has NOTHING to do with the sale.....Derek lives in CA and has no connection to the seller in OH. Looks like the seller grabbed a label from a google search and was too clueless to check it

The con artist seller of the 45 was on ebay under a different name (also based in southern Ohio) and seemed to have been suspended for bad feedback - cancelled sales after the fact.

Social source share

I think this guy may have actually had the records at some point given his A&B side pics. But he's sending empty boxes to buyers and then there's his feedback on his old eBay name, spinningoldies50. I doubt very highly anyone who bid on these recent auctions is getting anything...

Social source share

There used to be a time when you could contact a buyer after the auction had finished, that was some years ago. I did that a few times back in the "silly days" when people were buying everything and anything and warned them they'd just bought a boot.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There used to be a time when you could contact a buyer after the auction had finished, that was some years ago. I did that a few times back in the "silly days" when people were buying everything and anything and warned them they'd just bought a boot.

Same here, I use to warn the buyers about the item they've purchased. Shame you can't do that anymore. Even though it could be "a double edge sword" for Ebay who then would have to handle complaints from both parts and sort out the honest complaints from the pervert ones. But since, the perverts have the FB !

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Same here, I use to warn the buyers about the item they've purchased. Shame you can't do that anymore. Even though it could be "a double edge sword" for Ebay who then would have to handle complaints from both parts and sort out the honest complaints from the pervert ones. But since, the perverts have the FB !

In fact I've contacted an Ebay seller today to tell her that what she was selling was a boot, have to say she was good about it, I showed her mine, will check to see if she's changed or removed it................

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Derek See

Sheesh! Makes me wish I would have watermarked all of my scans! Lots of people have used scans off of my daily 45 site for youtube, etc but this is the nastiest use of one, ever. As I'm sure you all have noticed, in my write up when I featured this record I clearly state that its not an original.

Hello to everyone, by the way. Been meaning to sign up here for years.

Social source share

Sheesh! Makes me wish I would have watermarked all of my scans! Lots of people have used scans off of my daily 45 site for youtube, etc but this is the nastiest use of one, ever. As I'm sure you all have noticed, in my write up when I featured this record I clearly state that its not an original.

Hello to everyone, by the way. Been meaning to sign up here for years.

Hi Derek - welcome to Soulsource.

So are you saying you still have this record and the eBay seller only used the scan? That was one of the possibilities I think I mentioned earlier. Or, did you sell on the copy in the scan and think that was the actual one for sale.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest Derek See

Hi Derek - welcome to Soulsource.

So are you saying you still have this record and the eBay seller only used the scan? That was one of the possibilities I think I mentioned earlier. Or, did you sell on the copy in the scan and think that was the actual one for sale.

Cheers

Richard

Oh yeah, I still have that record in the scan/ scam.

Social source share

So is anyone here the buyers of the Cindy Gibson, Yvonne Vernee, Summits, Pat Lewis 45s from the seller? I've checked that the scans of the Yvonne Vernee and Cindy Gibson 45s were taken from other auctions, there is pretty solid visual proof. No feedback left in over a month.

Social source share

derek, what is the image of? I'm still confused as the image, is it an original copy with an alternate label? because someone said it's not an image of a bootleg. it looks more than just the colors being different in the comparison scan above, the "pat lewis" text is in a slightly different spot.

Social source share

• 8 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!