Deon Jackson Dies

Guest oldsoulgit

Such sad news, Someday the sun will shine - one of my favourite sounds of all time! Dave Moore along with  the late Glenn Hunter and a few others met him in Chicago

a few years ago and said he was a gentleman, love all his stuff. 

R.I.P Deon.

Cheers Jim.

Social source share

Very sad news indeed.

I regularly play a few of his tunes at home and on my ipod in the car depending on what mood I'm in.

Rob Moss visited Deon not too long ago and I am sure he will post a fitting tribute. (I think he is currently in the States).

Deon Jackson had the voice and the looks, he should have been a superstar. 

R.I.P.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Another sad day, R.I.P. Deon you are never far away from the next record on our turntable

John & Ali

Social source share

How so heart breaking always loved his songs and always hoped he would make it to the uk,now having seen the clip Ady has put up here just see what we have missed how good is that footage with tears in my eyes well "That's What You Do To Me"  Glad your music has been part of my life Thankyou Sir

• Helpful 3
Social source share

In 1975 I bought a Contempo Raries pink label record that I heard playing in a city centre record shop.

Deon Jackson - Love Makes The World Go Round was one of the many sounds quenching my musical thirst and opened up a

whole new world for me to explore back then.

Filed away next to the Carla release for many a year, it's still a 'memory record' favourite of mine -

so simple, yet a tune packed with quality all round.

RIP Deon

• Helpful 2
Social source share

A truly great singer, an incomparable master of the art, an associate of an elite group of recording stars who ONLY ever made double-A sided singles.....vinyl worth playing out on any and every occasion. as every year passes, we mourn with increased intensity, the passing of so many icons whose invaluable contributions, have graced our scene and remain undiminished. more's the pity that his presence never touched our shores but we will be forever indebted to deon jackson for his wonderful portfolio of songs...that quite simply "make the world go round".

Social source share

An amazing talent and singer.... 

Thank you to Deon for gifting us with this masterpiece of 70s sophisticated heartfelt emotional soulful brilliance!!!

"I'll always love you "

RIP Deon Jackson ... 

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!