Ebay Seller Harrassment

Mak

I have just won a 45ppm only two days ago , the seller has not stated any preferences to when payment is made . I ALWAYS pay within 3 working days , or if at home I pay instantly ALWAYS . This seller has bombarded me with over a twenty messages in two day demanding instant payment as he owes a large amount of money . That is not my problem , his action has somewhat harassed me and he has threatened me with a non-payment strike . The record is only $75 and is only an upgrade on something I have already. I now feel as if I want to tell him to shove it . Has anyone had similar problems and can I complain about it.

Tony

Social source share

Mike , I have taken the advice of Russell . I am lead to believe he has done the same to other buyer and potential buyer . Therefore if I do not get satisfactory advice from ebay , I will name the seller . Some of the messages are well out of order.

Edited by MAK
Social source share

Mike , I will not name him until I get a reply for ebay and I have taken the advice of Russell . I am lead to believe he has done the same to other buyer and potential buyer

thats sound Tony

was just posting in reply to Ted to try and avoid going down that road at this moment

thanks

mike

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

i have had a simular thing i reported to ebay they sorted it for me. as you people only have to look at my ebay i allways pay straight away let ebay sort it mate save your self the hassle and just remember the seller name and dont buy from him in the future. But dont responed with the same attitude as him as ebay will say its tit for tat and save any message you get ebay may need to see them

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The man is a legend, that's all I'm saying.

There's a thread on here somewhere about the worst record dealer's and experiences from a few years back, he got my vote then and things haven't changed.

Have a look for the thread its a very good read and very funny from memory.

Cheers Darren

Edited by BROWNIE
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Ahhhhhhhh The Count

I was highest bidder on one of his eBay sales about 10 years ago (Johnny Bartell)

It didn't reach his reserved price and he contacted me with a offer that didn't appeal to me

so I rejected his offer

He dropped the C bomb twice in one sentence 

Social source share

Haha an ex-gf who met him years back commented instantly that the "o" in his name is silent, he used to phone me constantly trying to offer oddball but crap 45's for ridiculous prices and drive me nuts, having said which would be interested in hearing his life story, he apparently was the first dude in rural PA to rock long hair in the early/mid-60s, no idea if he was a musician then or not but he was in that scene for sure, would bet has a stack of memories/stories of local bands around then (that area was amazing for it's mix of music w/ the likes of the Tranells co-existing w/ all the Bridge Society label type outfits, total cross section of garage and soul history combined).  

Social source share

If it is the Seller that Pete has mentioned I had a slightly difference experience with this guy.

I bought Eddie a Parker Love you baby and there was a hand written note in the package.

The note read in several different coloured inks and in capital letters. "THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT DO NOT GIVE NEGATIVE EBAY FEEDBACK AS IT WILL HURT ME"

The record was not as described and took quite a long time to get to me so I gave positive feedback but lower star markings on the time taken to ship and record as described. This didn't affect the overall feedback score.

Several days later I received the following ebay message which is an exact cut and paste

You have done the worst thing any one has ever done to me .The shipping is called Shipping Time ,it had nothing to do with tracking. Since i never got your e-mail-how could i reply to it!! I really believe you are Mentally Dearranged. You should be BEHIND BARS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.I JUST HOPE SOMEONE DOES TO YOU WHAT YOU DID TO ME!!!!

WTF?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I had a frustrating (and quite disturbing) encounter with this bloke a few months ago, trying to hassle me into buying a record, saying time was of the utmost importance and that he was about to die soon and WHY DO I NOT RESPOND TO HIS EMAILS etc... all I did was ask him a question, and seemingly I had entered into some sort of buying contract with him...
I just thought I was dealing with a lunatic... glad I'm not alone then  :lol: 
ps I never did buy the record, and it seems that I made the correct decision.

Social source share

I had a frustrating (and quite disturbing) encounter with this bloke a few months ago, trying to hassle me into buying a record, saying time was of the utmost importance and that he was about to die soon and WHY DO I NOT RESPOND TO HIS EMAILS etc... all I did was ask him a question, and seemingly I had entered into some sort of buying contract with him...

I just thought I was dealing with a lunatic... glad I'm not alone then  :lol: 

ps I never did buy the record, and it seems that I made the correct decision.

that's almost word for word what he did to me

Social source share

It seems then that he has a long history of behaving like a count - utterly bizarre.... Well I'll never forget him or buy from him now, and with this scene the arm is long - he won't have a market at all soon, although if his claims are correct I don't suppose he really cares. Which is sad, on every level.

Social source share

When I bought a record via eBay from this chap after what was a very aggresive set of messages, it arrived with his business card enclosed. As if he was expecting me to give him a call for a nice chat.  I've had it on my notice board for 4 years so I never forget (as if you could).

Remarkable attitude.

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

2 posts removed

there are many american members on here 

if you want to slag them all down then send them a pm each

please no offtopic videos about gun control (or what ever it was) either

thanks now
Edited by mike
video post
Social source share

in the sense of fairness ....back in 1989 myself and a friend (who had met him previously on a separate trip) met the "count" at a record fair . he remembered my friend and was quite pleasant . he even went out of his way to introduce us to john moore who until that point was blanking us and told him "hey, these guys are ok and you should invite them to look around your store". We subsequently got in at john moore's shop and did well out of it..... but more recently i've had the same experience as others have had  with harassing emails from him on ebay upon which I reminded him that he was a lot calmer in the flesh all those years ago!!!

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Well , I'm gob-smacked , just had a message via Ebay .

Quote:- Feedback is all well and good but it does not pay the bills , I have relisted the record but was unable to sell it , can you please pay for the record .

All this after the deal was ended by both parties and feedback left by both parties. Beware The Count  , ebay member count 769

Social source share

Bought of him once or twice via Ebay totally unwittingly, haven't had any problems with those transactions as far as I can remember,  I must be one of the lucky ones...

Ahh, just tracked back over my feedback, he did leave me the following feedback, Ive put it in Brackets cause its very small......     (  .  )

He seems to like his CAPS Button, makes me feel my single full stop Is a quite a nasty blank..or perhaps he did inplode before he could get off a line of upper case RANT! Lol..

Mal

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bad time with the count,he took two payments on my credit card for one records this was in the days before pay pall.After asking many times by Email for a refund i resorted into reporting him to the credit card company,soon got refund and a few nastey Emails

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

(.)

Social source share

• 11 months later...

When you get a crazy American they do take some beating, world class read. I don't think I've had the pleasure, and hope not to

Quite.  Also avoid O. Rodger Harris from Richmond, Indiana - on Ebay as resound-records.  One very nasty piece of work, and probably on a par to The Count.  He's a buyer and seller, with a very bad feedback record.

Sold him a few UK EPs last week, all strictly graded.  He sends me a message for one saying "A FEW LIGHT MARKS, MY ASS. THIS DISK WAS BEAT ALL TO HELL!  RECTIFY ---- IMMEDIATELY." .  Another dickhead who permanently uses caps.  No way was the said record 'beat to hell' - it was a strong VG+  - a few light marks, played great, and definitely nothing deep.  The EP was only £3, so as it wasn't much I refunded him and told him to keep it.  I did report his abusive messages and rudeness to Ebay - not just in this message, but another one.  

I made it clear to him that he had been reported, and also blocked from bidding on my auctions.  He responded with:  "I HAVE RESPONDED TO YOUR REMARKS ABOUT "RUDENESS & "BAD ATTITUDE". THIS IS MY WAY OF "REPORTING YOU TO EBAY". RODGER HARRIS".  His way of reporting me, of course, was to leave unjustified negative feedback.  Thankfully, it was removed by Ebay this morning after they decided that it falls in the "unacceptable feedback" category.

Thinking back, I did receive a postal list from him in 1992 (where he got my address from is anyone's guess), and spotted about 20-25 records I wanted.  Nothing special in that lot, but when I phoned him and asked him about them, he answered "that's gone" to EVERY record I asked for.  I knew he just didn't want to sell to me, so I eventually told him I thought his attitude stunk, and hung up on him.  Check his feedback on Ebay, and it's none too impressive.

Another nut-job buyer/seller in the US to avoid!

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Quite.  Also avoid O. Rodger Harris from Richmond, Indiana - on Ebay as resound-records.  One very nasty piece of work, and probably on a par to The Count.  He's a buyer and seller, with a very bad feedback record.

Sold him a few UK EPs last week, all strictly graded.  He sends me a message for one saying "A FEW LIGHT MARKS, MY ASS. THIS DISK WAS BEAT ALL TO HELL!  RECTIFY ---- IMMEDIATELY." .  Another dickhead who permanently uses caps.  No way was the said record 'beat to hell' - it was a strong VG+  - a few light marks, played great, and definitely nothing deep.  The EP was only £3, so as it wasn't much I refunded him and told him to keep it.  I did report his abusive messages and rudeness to Ebay - not just in this message, but another one.  

I made it clear to him that he had been reported, and also blocked from bidding on my auctions.  He responded with:  "I HAVE RESPONDED TO YOUR REMARKS ABOUT "RUDENESS & "BAD ATTITUDE". THIS IS MY WAY OF "REPORTING YOU TO EBAY". RODGER HARRIS".  His way of reporting me, of course, was to leave unjustified negative feedback.  Thankfully, it was removed by Ebay this morning after they decided that it falls in the "unacceptable feedback" category.

Thinking back, I did receive a postal list from him in 1992 (where he got my address from is anyone's guess), and spotted about 20-25 records I wanted.  Nothing special in that lot, but when I phoned him and asked him about them, he answered "that's gone" to EVERY record I asked for.  I knew he just didn't want to sell to me, so I eventually told him I thought his attitude stunk, and hung up on him.  Check his feedback on Ebay, and it's none too impressive.

Another nut-job buyer/seller in the US to avoid!

Had a look at his feedback, seems he can be good at times, but he sounds like a nut-job, one to avoid as you say

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!