There I Was Skimming Through Some 45's On Ebay When

Quinvy

What a crock of shit.

Do you think the starting bid was a miss-print and it should have been $1.80 stating bid.

I saw the Blow Fly does Disco album recently for £20.00 which is far superior ( the Frankie Valley Swear to God/Spread Your Cheeks is a classic!) but again not the sort of thing you'd play anywhere other than home.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It's Tony Bruno, at least B side is He once told me it was put out by Artie Ripp without him knowing, he'd done it as a joke when recording some stuff, don't think he was too happy bout it but as he said, "what's done is done" .... he said it was a big underground hit in US??

Steve

Social source share

I remember a store (long closed now) in rural WA state that had piles of this record with a pic sleeve - emphasizing "Stickball". I think it may have been on a different label but it was the same songs. The store owner gave me a few of them with my purchase of other records (which included a really clean copy of the Ventures "Walk Don't Run" on Blue Horizon for $5).  I don't know if it was a "underground hit", but I'm pretty sure it was on some jukeboxes in bars. Stuff like "Telephone Man" and later "Rodeo song" were popular like that.

Social source share

Not this again, it was listed on here and I commented how it was 'comedy sale of the day' as a light hearted comment, and if anyone wanted a copy I have a white label copy they can have for the postage which I was given over 20 years ago, the other side is mildly amusing for about 2 minutes. Got all kinds of nasty personal abuse from the seller saying I'd 'ruined his sale'. Last sold on discogs for £2.97.  Clown.

Social source share

I think you may have me mixed up with someone else. I don't recall ever talking to you and I'm not the kind of person that would attack another person if he said that starting price is too high.

In fact, the starting price probably really is too high. I just had some free eBay listings for this month left so I re-uploaded some older stock I still have. I think it's quite a funny record (joke wears offf quickly though :)) and it does draw the attention for people who then subsequently click through and find my better, more realistically priced records.

All in all I'd say there's other things in life to worry about

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!