Online Soul Radio - How Often?

Online Soul Radio  

1. 1. How often do you listen to a regular soul radio show ?

• at least once a day
    • at least one every 2 or 3 days
    • weekly
    • not that often
    • don't bother

I listened to Solar Radio all day on Monday (7 til 5).  Used to listen to Jazz.fm until they stopped broadcasting outside of London, so now it's normally the iPod, the Cocktail Audio, or a bit of internet radio.  Spent a whole day last week listening to some of Pete S' podcasts, followed by Ian Levine.

Edited by Steve S 60
Social source share

I have a Roberts internet radio which I have on for a couple of hours a day as background. I use the music player on it for listening to podcasts but I have a bit of a soft spot for 94.9 The Surf from South Carolina.  Having said that, I have just turned it off because Justin Timberlake came on.......... 

Social source share

Listen to Steve G radio show once uploaded to mix cloud usually. Listen to Dean Anderson most weeks on t'radio.  Odd podacst too, Soul Discovery.  Few mixcloud regulars Ady Pountain and Kieran's ten from the box on their is great. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have a Roberts internet radio which I have on for a couple of hours a day as background. I use the music player on it for listening to podcasts but I have a bit of a soft spot for 94.9 The Surf from South Carolina.  Having said that, I have just turned it off because Justin Timberlake came on.......... 

Somebody sold me a Kev Roberts Internet Radio, only tunes into Goldsoul.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Mods and Rockers show on Acacia radio with Shaun and Jonno

unmissable Monday nights live at 6pm.

Has recently moved from a sunday afternoon live slot to Monday,

however, it is repeated on a sunday at it's former time of 2pm.

Plays the very best of early British Beat and 6t's sounds including Rockabilly,

only show on radio I know of, playing British Beat.

Social source share

Guest Motown Junkies

Other than my own show (!), I never really get to tune in live and listen to anything, but I follow loads of amazing soul shows on Mixcloud so I normally just grab something recent out of the stack at random a few times a week.

Mixcloud really is a goldmine for brilliant soul shows. The only thing that annoys me about it is the "listen next" algorithm seems broken and always cues up things I'd never voluntarily listen to - I'm following like 50 classic/Northern soul shows but when one's finished playing, the site instead unexpectedly starts blaring MC Tossnuts' Nawty Old Skool Deep House Cuts or some shite and I have to leap to turn it off.  But that's a minor quibble.

Edited by Motown Junkies
Social source share

Guest Byrney

Solar is on in the background most of the weekend day time, on that surprised to hear Kev Roberts saying he has a United Sounds IAOB today "from his personal stash". Main listening on Solar Sunday morning though, that's when I tend to pay attention.

And Dean Anderson Wednesdays and now Thursdays at 7pm.

Social source share

Monday ..... Dab of Soul with Chris Anderton

Wednesday ......Dean Anderson

Saturday ...  Soulful Allsorts with Fraser Dunn

Sunday ... Solar

If I am busy and not tuned in live, I will us the listen again or mixcloud ...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest fragiledancer

Mondays - Solar all day

Tuesdays  - Solar all day if I'm in

Fridays - Solar all day if I'm in

Saturdays - 10am-12 Solar Kev Roberts

4pm-6 Solar Phil Baker

Sundays - 10am-12 Solar Soul Brother collection

8pm - 10 Solar Eddy Edmonson

and soon (from end of June) 4pm-6 Solar Richard Searling

Just LOVE Solar radio, always have.

Social source share

• 2 months later...

i listen to the right track soul show on sundays seven til ten pm and the spreaker podcasts on the right track soul show facebook page not your usual top 500 northern real soul mix liseten once and im hooked 

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I am very happy that Laut FM Soul Allnighter seems to be functioning once again, it had been off air for ages and I had really missed it. It has a really good mix of classics and less well known sides. It very often reminds me of stuff I had forgotten about as well as introducing me to stuff that had completely passed me by. Currently playing Ann Hodge - You're Welcome Back; which is lovely for a Sunday morning.

Social source share

I am very happy that Laut FM Soul Allnighter seems to be functioning once again, it had been off air for ages and I had really missed it. It has a really good mix of classics and less well known sides. It very often reminds me of stuff I had forgotten about as well as introducing me to stuff that had completely passed me by. Currently playing Ann Hodge - You're Welcome Back; which is lovely for a Sunday morning.

Likewise chuffed to see Soul Allnighter back, just heard Frankie Beverly, Syl Johnson, Dee Irwin, Mighty Pope, Azie Mortimer, Johnny Bragg & Letoy Hutson while eating my dinner! Definitely recommended

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!