The Wellingborough Soul Club 3Rd Anniversary At The Embankment Club 1997

Len

Brilliant Len :thumbsup:

Is that Paul Sadot dancing to Julian Covey?

It may well be! I didn't know him back then :wink:

Brace yaself for the Final Night Vid (10 years later)......By the way, did you clock the great pic of Carl Fortnum in the photo's at the end? ....Also Gary Spencer is in there somewhere (amongst others) :D 

Len :thumbsup: 

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Great stuff Len Ive had this dvd for over a year now courtesy of our good mate Kimbo.Thanks for posting it .Another part of the Northants contribution to to our scene .Glen comes over good with his tales of yore .No chance of "Johnny Boy",if he had been around ever getting booked to do his stuff there mate!!!!!

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Brace yaself for the Final Night Vid (10 years later)......By the way, did you clock the great pic of Carl Fortnum in the photo's at the end? ....Also Gary Spencer is in there somewhere (amongst others) :D 

I sure did, he looks almost as young as you! You forget we were ever that young, brilliant
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

And not forgetting a younger Mr Vanner  top bloke

Social source share

Here's the actual link to The Wellingborough Soul Club Final Night at The Embankment Club 2007 (I could have done both as one thread, but wasn't sure how long my mate was going to be messing about with You Tube - I hope there's no confusion!) :wink:

(As stated on other link) I like the bit where Roger Banks is playing ‘Sam Fletcher - I’d Think It Over’, and the camera pans round showing the footage on the wall from the projector.

Also Dave Vanner playing his ‘Mellow Souls - Hey Girl’ C/U - A Neil Bull discovery (Mick H also picked up on this a while later) ((7 Mins 29 secs in / not much of it actually!!!))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfVrKUUlQkM

Edited by LEN
Social source share

The Wellingborough Soul Club 3rd Anniversary at The Embankment Club 1997

Hi Folks,

For those that are interested - After a lot of hard word getting this to load on You Tube (courtesy of a good friend) here is a film of The Wellingborough Soul Club’s 3rd Anniversary at The Embankment Club from1997. I actually started the events there in 1992, under the banner of ‘Soul Time Promotions’ along with Rob Glover, and after three years we went our separate ways and I started The Wellingborough Soul Club, continuing the events at the same venue (Whilst Rob started The Buzz)

It is over an hour long, so you need a bit of time on your hands - It includes some good interviews with some of the characters from ‘days gone by’.

Admittedly it’s bit ‘amateurish’ but it captures ‘a time’ quite well :wink:

Long live the Glitter Ball!

Enjoy :wink: 

All the best,

P.s - To follow (at some point) will be The Wellingborough Soul Club’s Final Night, which has some great footage (albeit a bit ‘wobbly’)

Edit - Here's the link to The Wellingborough Soul Club Final Night at The Embankment Club 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72WSwuBasU

Loved it Len, Tommy's pony tail is epic :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Running a soul club must be the hardest game in the world Len. You look about a 100 years older at the last night :lol:  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

the first time i ever met lenny was here, was my first time, others also in the video are dave tomlin, john carey spotted me and dave buying records (what i do best) mr carey dancin near end, we all lived in dunstable at the time, think ive still got the window sticker.

fond memories

thank you len.

Garry

Social source share

Running a soul club must be the hardest game in the world Len. You look about a 100 years older at the last night :lol:  :thumbsup:

Hi mate,

I have to say that last night was damn hard work - Believe it or not, because of the miserable manager at that time - he actually threatened to close the night down because it was 'too busy'! I warned him many times beforehand, he even had the cheek to charge me an extra £50.00 at the end of the night because of this. I refused to rise to his obnoxiousness and just paid it, even though I had to put a sign up saying sold out - But I just sneaked people in the side door without charging them......yes, quite a few stil owe me their entrance money! :D

All the best,

Edited by LEN
Social source share

I was messing about at work trying to sort this to You Tube, and something I hadn’t noticed was my ‘hidden reaction’ right at the beginning of the final night one, when the chap who bought his camera (Keith Jones from Northampton btw) said..........“what ticket?”………A bloke who works for me smiled and said…….”That really p*ssed you off didn’t it?” …….They know me to well at work, and just knew I was thinking......"I’ve done all this, and all you had to do was remember your blo*dy ticket!".....That's just the way I am I'm afraid  :D

Thanks for filming this footage Keith :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!