Dancers Needed For A New N Soul Film Project

Guest Byrney

Count me in, I live for stuff like this. Can't wait to get.... "Out on the floor".

That "few simple steps" walk from the left a bit, make 'Egyptian diety' hand; walk back again and then throw hand to the back of your napper as if swatting an aggressive hornet. Proper. 

Might round up the Darby and Joan club and see if we can better that most spiffing Blackpool flash mob performance. 

KTF, DFS, KOKO, WOL, SWALK etc ad infinitum 

Social source share

Count me in, I live for stuff like this. Can't wait to get.... "Out on the floor".

That "few simple steps" walk from the left a bit, make 'Egyptian diety' hand; walk back again and then throw hand to the back of your napper as if swatting an aggressive hornet. Proper. 

Might round up the Darby and Joan club and see if we can better that most spiffing Blackpool flash mob performance. 

You've forgotten 'BFWAGP' Black Fist Without A Glove Puppet.... :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Man, you've gopt those dancing moves down to a tee.....What about the teapot pose at the end of the steps and before going back?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Byrney

Man, you've gopt those dancing moves down to a tee.....What about the teapot pose at the end of the steps and before going back?

Years of training son, that tea pot hand is particularly tricky to do whist remembering to breath, blink, maintain bodily functions etc. Not easy this Norvun Wigan Walk stuff.

next.. How to walk AND hold a conversation at the same time. 

Social source share

Dont know about Darby ... but I'm sure Joan wont be too pleased at being volunteered!!    :D

Social source share

Has Bolton got Soul? Do Wanderers supporters still throw darts at away fans? Has Bolton University lowered its entry requirements to allow anyone with a pulse in? It is good to see a local newspaper addressing the deep philosophical issues of our time. So, will Sandy be combining his Kung Fu moves on roller skates with Thai Boxing steps, complete with beer towel tucked into waist, towelling wrist bands and black-fist necklace to boot, be leading the formation dance troup?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

The last time I went to an away game v Bolton, I found that they had given up the dart throwing due to the scrap value of feathers rising to £1 a tonne.  I liked Fred Dibnah though, he had really long ladders.

Social source share

Don't remember him much from the Navada (although every Boltonian of a certain age went at some point), Phil worked the doors in town most weekends from being a teenager, Scamps, Nags Head, among others, don't remember him being into Northern much either, has been putting 70s nights on of late at various venues

Edited by Pete60
Social source share

Guest Byrney

I live in Bolton and remember this guy from the Nevada he was always into disco as I remember,and wasn't a bad dancer as it goes.Dont think he was ever into northern and don't think this has anything to do with northern either,and it doesn't say it has.

The Facebook page, which I've eagerly joined as I'm in dadyio calls it a Northern Soul project in big bold letters. Oh... And the only record posted on the FB page is The Snake... Twice :)

going to be quality this :)

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

The Facebook page, which I've eagerly joined as I'm in dadyio calls it a Northern Soul project in big bold letters.

As I said don't ever remember him being into northern in any way,but wont be losein any sleep over it.But as most know plenty of Bolton lads and lasses been on the scene for years,doubt any will give it a second glance.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Andy, You might be right about it not being Northern

I was talking to someone who went along to one of the practice sessions at Rumworth and he said they where told they are aiming for 100 people dancing in Deansgate.. So the flashmob remark looks pretty accurate

It was no surprise to find out they practiced to "The Snake as it was claimed everyone knew that from Weddings"

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was talking to someone who went along to one of the practice sessions at Rumworth and he said they where told they are aiming for 100 people dancing in Deansgate.. So the flashmob remark looks pretty accurate

It was no surprise to find out they practiced to "The Snake as it was claimed everyone knew that from Weddings"

Fred check the link in the article you posted, the facebook page, it has the words 'Northern Soul' all over it, and some familiar names on there too, not that it matters any more anyway,

Social source share

They can call it what they like fred and a few on here can get ther knickers in a twist as much as they like,till there,s something else to moan about lol.Its nothing to do with any northern scene I know,here today gone tomora.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was brought up 500 yards from the Nav, up until being old enough to get into pubs I was there at least 6 nights a week, great times, and on the Saturday nights there was always at least some Northern played,

Used to teach the kids Skating on Saturday mornings, and worked the 'spotlight' Tuesdays and Thursdays, a sad day when the senile old owner burned it down

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sandy Holt, Thai Boxer, also took part.

He said: “It was great, I was the Northern Soul Champion of Wigan but most of the people who took part have not danced before.”

Social source share

Guest Byrney

I actually found that far less embarrassing than the Blackpool Weekender Butterbeangate fiasco, been trying to work out why and I think it's that the Bolton shoppers are just that, members of the public doing what members of the public do having a bit of a giggle.

The Blackpool Weekender flash mob were actually on a soul scene (well kind of) and deadly serious.

Nowt to worry about here.

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Guest Byrney

That is 'kin horrific - sorry  :dash2:  :dash2:  :dash2: 

Your very right though, it's quite dire. But given the ground being set by the happy happy joy joy nostalgia promotions and nighters, the Okeh Cokey and baggy Blackpool dervishes and of course the Morris / Norvun off it's kind of inevitable. :) :)

Social source share

Sandy Holt, Thai Boxer, also took part.

He said: “It was great, I was the Northern Soul Champion of Wigan but most of the people who took part have not danced before.”

True up to a point as Sandy Holt won a competition at a Wigan Anniversary. He was eliminated in an early round a year later for not actually dancing but going through a rehearsed routine choreographed in his bedroom mirror practising to a Carl Douglas soundtrack watching David Carradine King Fu programmes. Sandy became the stereotype that legions of acrobats sought to parody, a trend that sadly lingers on to the chagrin of the scene.
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

just what is happening with this snake job is it some kind of secret cult.. Snakes in Bolton, making their way to Wigan.escaping from houses in skemersdale,opening the commonwealth games. Could Russ W. Be behind this cult it's very worry,ing send for the Soul Patrol before it's to late.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!