Ever Thought Oh Bloody Hell I Forgot I Had That?

Bitchdj

in response to a recent want on here i thought oh hang on i have a copy of that in that box over there...sold it needless to say ... anyhoo i posted said record today and left the box out trawled it a bit and thought bloody hell aint heard that in yonks sounds great...sooooo what record has had you thinking bloody hell what an oldie lately???...discuss...

Social source share

I recently sold Maurice And The Radiants--Baby You've Got It . All of a sudden it came back in demand again and a few were after it.So i thought i'll sell mine while its fetching a descent price because i never liked it anyway. Then i went somewhere where it got played and shit it sounded great :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

in response to a recent want on here i thought oh hang on i have a copy of that in that box over there...sold it needless to say ... anyhoo i posted said record today and left the box out trawled it a bit and thought bloody hell aint heard that in yonks sounds great...sooooo what record has had you thinking bloody hell what an oldie lately???...discuss...

What was it then?

:g:

Social source share

A few years ago when the summits I'll never say no was starting getting played I was after a copy for about 2 years never got one then I sold a couple of records and had to go to the storage unit I keep some of my records there as not enough room at home. And while looking for the sold records I pulled out a summits but I can't for the life of me ever remember buying it, must have bought it in the 70's and never bothered with it. Good job I didn't fork out the £250.00 it was going for at the time. Lol

Social source share

I went up into the loft looking for some old records from a long time ago, that were in an dusty cobweb covered box.

I was amazed as halfway through the box I pulled out a mint issue copy of Lester Tipton "This Won't Change" on Labeat!!!

Then I was woken by the alarm clock, it was all a dream and it was time to get up and go to work!!!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I recently sold Maurice And The Radiants--Baby You've Got It . All of a sudden it came back in demand again and a few were after it.So i thought i'll sell mine while its fetching a descent price because i never liked it anyway. Then i went somewhere where it got played and shit it sounded great :(

Sounded good when Gibby played it at Radcliffe ages back, but when i saw those trousers on utube i had second thoughts :)

Social source share

I`l go one better..................and I bet i`m not the only one who`s bought a record and then a while later realised I already had it :rofl:

Social source share

I've done the opposite,  as in putting a record on ebay using an old scan I had and then realised with 2 days to go I sold it a year before  :lol:  .the reason I thought I still had it was because there was another record on the same label on my shelf and I had just pressumed it was correct one .

Had to cancel my ebay rather quickly ! :facepalm:

Social source share

My memory is shocking. I need to make some space, although space for what I'm now asking myself. I guess it's a reaction to records cluttered about and a realisation I don't play 90%. I pulled out a box that I thought was mostly "junk" records thinking I'll be lucky to sell these and planning to do the opposite of shop lifting in Rob Smiths with them, realised I "didn't know" half the titles and played them. A few smiles later and suddenly space isn't so important!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!