The Hytones - Bigger And Better - Abet - Current Value?

Newer

Local vinyl emporium has just found a copy of this and I am going in on Tuesday to try and get it off him for a decent price.

Also, a minty Mighty Pope - If You Want A Love Affair.

He has actually just acquired 12,000 45's for $300!!!!! and these 2 were what he has pulled out. I am going to plough through the lot on Tuesday - who knows what else might be in there?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I could cry, i sold my Hytones to a good mate ages ago... years in fact, let him have it for £100,

last year one was in a sales box £800, and the same with my Silouettes.... same prices,

but we've all suffered in that respect.

So, i guess 7 to 800 for the Hytones

Social source share

Less than 400 in real world I'm afraid. It made about 450 on Manship. So real value way below that. I'd say 300/350 depending on condition.

I know it used to be 700+ only a few years ago. But it seems demand has dropped since then.

Social source share

Less than 400 in real world I'm afraid. It made about 450 on Manship. So real value way below that. I'd say 300/350 depending on condition.

I know it used to be 700+ only a few years ago. But it seems demand has dropped since then.

Well there you go then.... i'm miles out.

Talkin of fluctuating prices ( i know, not what the starter asked) but the most astonishing jump in price.... Johnny Rogers, for years 300ish',

couple of years back.... 3,000 quid (or was it 2k?)

Edited by Labeat
Social source share

OK, so this is what I walked into. 7 hours later I walked out with:

The Mid-Knights - Somebody Somewhere - Warner Bros

Tony Borders - What Kind Of Spell - Revue

Ray Charles - Chose To Sing The Blues - Sparton

Jay and the Americans - Living Above Your Head - United Artists - Canadian

Fantastic Four - To Share Your Love - Ric Tic - Canadian

Jamo Thomas - Lets Party - Conlo

Jay and the Americans - Living Above Your Head - United Artists - US

Sugar Pie and Etta - Do I Make Myself Clear - Argo

The Stridells - Mix It Up

Jack Harden - She'll Be Back - Star Shot

Funky Sisters - Do It To It - Aurora

Black & Ward - Long Time - RCA

Harry J All Stars - Liquidator - Harry J

Benny Spellman - Fortune Teller - Minit

Rain - Out Of My Mind - London

Paul Anka - I Cant Help Loving You - RCA - Canadian

Paul Anka - When We get There - RCA - Canadian

Chubby Checker - At The Discotheque - Parkway - Canadian

Elaine Hoffman - Great Big Fun - Stone Lady

GQ - Make My Dream A Reality - Arista

Archie Bell - Here I Go Again - Atlantic promo

The Whispers - Great Day - Soul Clock

Little Carl Carlton - Drop By My Place - Back Beat - Canadian

The Symphonics - Its Gonna Be Hard - ABC promo

Rosco Robinson - Thats Enough - Wand

Charles Farren - Youve Changed - Hawk

The Ambassadors - Good Love Gone Bad - Atlantic

The Elgins - Street Scene - Valiant promo

The Pharoahs - Is That Black Enough - Capitol

Baby Jean - Dance If You Wanna - United Artists - Canadian

The Profiles - Raindrops - Musicland USA

The Mighty Marvellows - Hey Hey Girl - ABC

Linda Jones - My Heart Needs A Break - Warner Bros back to back hits

The Hytones - Bigger And Better - A-bet

Ricky Francis - My Girl - Counterpoint - local black artist with a nice Island Soul double sider

The collection came from close to the US border near Sarnia yet there were no Detroit labels apart from lots of chart Motown stuff. There were 1000's of re-issue labels and lots of 70's chart stuff. I pulled put some nice garage things for the guy and also some Canadian new wave, power pop etc as part of the deal of going through them.

Dave - there were NO Reo soul things and very few Sparton or Quality.

post-1612-0-77439200-1406724591_thumb.jp

post-1612-0-80133600-1406724637_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

I could cry, i sold my Hytones to a good mate ages ago... years in fact, let him have it for £100,

last year one was in a sales box £800, and the same with my Silouettes.... same prices,

but we've all suffered in that respect.

So, i guess 7 to 800 for the Hytones

Never in a million years you'll lucky to £400 or £500 quite a few have turned on Ebay.

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Absolutely correct ' hard to sell no body want it.

Social source share

OK chaps, best thing is to wait till JM auctions a copy then it will go on popsike then in his next price guide then will that be a rough estimate

or will everyone say no.... only half that amount!

No need to wait. He and it made 464. Do you still think 700 is minimum?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

ffs......

June this year JM auction £464

Set sale March this year £450

Didn't sell reduced to £425 in April, still no indication as to whether it sold.

Some ebay results on popsike ....

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=Hytones&incldescr=&sortord=ddate&thumbs=&currsel=

What more do you want to tell you it ain't a 500 let alone 600 quid record?

Social source share

OK chaps, best thing is to wait till JM auctions a copy then it will go on popsike then in his next price guide then will that be a rough estimate

manships auctions go on popsike? 

Social source share

its only worth 400 neil....was anyone daft enough to pay 700..... i seen it go for 550 in its time..great record tho

• Helpful 1
Social source share

its only worth 400 neil....was anyone daft enough to pay 700..... i seen it go for 550 in its time..great record tho

But Dave, that is exactly my point.... you saw it go for 550 which is only.... ONLY.... 150 below what i said, am i a million quid out?

If anyone is daft enough to pay the extortionate price for Wade Flemmons then what about Hytones.... proper proper Soul

Social source share

If I knew how I would close this thread. I bought all the 45'a for WAAAYYY less than even the lowest estimate so am more than happy. Thanks to all for the pricing.

Please close it. Labeat's stubbornness is unbearable. There's a link at the bottom of the topic, reads "Moderation". click on it and choose "lock".

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

You say 500 i say 700 minimum.... shall we draw a line at 600? :)

God knows how copies i have seen recently sold between £350 to 450 pounds is not even worth £450 imo

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Never in a million years you'll lucky to £400 or £500 quite a few have turned on Ebay.

Now the one on southern artist or Bell 'you don't even know my name( which is dog rare) goes for £1000 pounds plus great record than the very mediocre Bigger and Better on Abet

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Sod the "A" side check out the flip.........Soul music and then some.

Dave

"I've Got My Baby" is the "A" side  :D

Fabulous side mate, as nice as "Bigger & Better" is the flip sends me into musical raptures     :yes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

But Dave, that is exactly my point.... you saw it go for 550 which is only.... ONLY.... 150 below what i said, am i a million quid out?

If anyone is daft enough to pay the extortionate price for Wade Flemmons then what about Hytones.... proper proper Soul

the 550 was a few years ago neil..not in this climate..i agree with wade flemons tho..i dont get that at all

• Helpful 1
Social source share