Rarest Of The Rare: Willie Hutch Japanese Press

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Evening gents! Yes, Ill take some pics of it and post them up tomorrow :hatsoff2:

One things for sure, it will also look great in amongst a line of UK 45's and would also freak deck-spotters out as well  :thumbup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Great, genuine and serious responses already...thank you...the disc deserves respect...and here it is :shades:

Pictures of the sleeve (which has no holes, tears, creases, stickers or pen marks) will be PM'ed to those placing bids :wave:

post-9555-0-76681700-1406733142_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-06355900-1406733153_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI DAVE... DID THIS RARE 45 COME OUT BEFORE OR AFTER THE MAMAS & PAPAS EP? :g: DAVE K

Good question...before is the answer according to the original trade catalogue...the Willie Hutch 7" was scheduled for March '66 (whether it made it out of the factory I don't know), whilst the 4 track 7" EP featuring The Duck (but not LRO) was from a few months later during June. Even though the 4 track features the Mamas & The Papas, it is also rare...maybe the varied musical selection was too varied to sell in/out of shops?

:hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-48440500-1406777475_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Dave, I know you showed me that scan at News Year Eve Va Va Voom, but it really is amazing to think this got some sort of release in Japan….

Totally amazing considering the size of catalogue RCA had to plunder! Obviously it was a dip into the Dunhill side of things, seeing as that label was enjoying a bit of success at that point. What is a real shame though is that there were hardly any RCA 60's Soul releases in Japan at all...no Pied Piper***, no Roy Hamiltons, no Lorraine Chandlers etc.

(***- worth a mention that The Hesitations', "Is That The Way To Treat A Girl" did make it through on Japanese GWP...rare!)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Good question...before is the answer according to the original trade catalogue...the Willie Hutch 7" was scheduled for March '66 (whether it made it out of the factory I don't know), whilst the 4 track 7" EP featuring The Duck (but not LRO) was from a few months later during June. Even though the 4 track features the Mamas & The Papas, it is also rare...maybe the varied musical selection was too varied to sell in/out of shops?

:hatsoff2: Hi I really have not got a clue what the value of your classic Jap 45 will end up at, as it is unique at a guess the min value is £5K and that is very conservative, it certainly is an investment,

I was going to buy the EP from a mutual friend & collector of rare soul, as you say it is rare in it's own right, I can't say what price he asked on a open forum, however I considered it to be a bargain, in the end I could  not see it as a part of my collection as I collect UK & US originals from the northern scene 68 to 77 with a few exception's,  I have spent years trying to find the Gene Pitney cover of Doug Banks "keep on dancing" on a European EP, this is not me having a laugh, it's not the holy grail but very rare?

:yes: DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi I really have not got a clue what the value of your classic Jap 45 will end up at, as it is unique at a guess the min value is £5K and that is very conservative, it certainly is an investment,

Current highest bid is £1200

Aiming to run it until the 10th.

Social source share

OK, it's now Sunday morning over here in Tokyo...I will close the auction at midnight today Tokyo time = 16:00 UK time  :hatsoff2:  

If you have any other questions feel free to email or PM me asap :yes:

Looks rather cool, doesn't it! :thumbup:
Social source share