Cecil Washington, I Don't Like To Loose

I have seen a red coloured look alike Prophonics boot, about 20 years ago, but that is the only one I have seen

That's surely a Soul Sounds boot - not Prophonics?  Sound quality, like the Vickie Baines on the same label, is diabolical.

I've seen recent one-sided boots on Prophonics (other side is just blank).  They still pop up on Ebay.  Pity it's one-sided - I love "The Light Of Day" just as much as "I Don't Like To Lose", and would be happy to have one as a listening copy at home if it played both sides.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

That's surely a Soul Sounds boot - not Prophonics?  Sound quality, like the Vickie Baines on the same label, is diabolical.

I've seen recent one-sided boots on Prophonics (other side is just blank).  They still pop up on Ebay.  Pity it's one-sided - I love "The Light Of Day" just as much as "I Don't Like To Lose", and would be happy to have one as a listening copy at home if it played both sides.

It was a long time ago Gene, in a record box at a nighter, I was sure it looked like my real one, only a red colour ... but I could be wrong.

I played "The Light of Day" at Radcliffe a couple of months back, great tune 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It was a long time ago Gene, in a record box at a nighter, I was sure it looked like my real one, only a red colour ... but I could be wrong.

I played "The Light of Day" at Radcliffe a couple of months back, great tune 

What sort of reaction did "The Light Of Day" get when you played it, Martyn?

Social source share

What sort of reaction did "The Light Of Day" get when you played it, Martyn?

Pretty good Gene.

I played it at Winsford a few years back, quite a few people asked me what it was, including a couple of DJ's, went down well, as it should it is a great dance record.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was this ever booted on the Prophonics label as a look a like,

was done on a soul supply boot or some similar name boot,  

Ballpark figure of value please also ?

Sold one about 18 months ago in Ex Condition about £1100

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

There's a plain white label, no print at all, bootleg of this. I've no idea where i picked it up, I've had it at least 20 years, but it was probably in a soul pack or something like. IIRC (not played it for a while) it's a four track 7".

Can't remember what else is on it though.

Social source share

There's a plain white label, no print at all, bootleg of this. I've no idea where i picked it up, I've had it at least 20 years, but it was probably in a soul pack or something like. IIRC (not played it for a while) it's a four track 7".

Can't remember what else is on it though.

It's a white label test pressing for Soul Supply EP SS 105, and the tracks are:

THE GROUP FEATURING CECIL WASHINGTON: I Don't Like To Lose (Prophonics)

THE ELLUSIONS: You Didn't Have To Leave (Lamon)

THE NOMADS: Something's Bad (Mo-Groov)

THE TOPICS: Hey Girl (Where Are You Going) (Chadwick)

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!