Some Top Rarities For Sale Mvp's Metros Issue Etc

Pete S

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

GREAT SELECTION TODAY FOLKS

THESE “EX” CONDITIONS ARE MOST PEOPLE’S M-

THE KADDO STRINGS — CRYING OVER YOU — IMPACT                                                                  EX            50 SOLD

Classic floorfilling instrumental with almost as good flip “Nothing But Love” — very nice issue copy.

Drill hole in label.

KENNY SHEPARD — WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE — MAXX                                           EX            125

Nice copy of this classic Big City midtempo monster

THE KITTENS — HEY OPERATOR / AIN’T NO MORE ROOM — CHESS                                     EX            50

Great Chicago double sider, mint minus but tiny little bump on the edge not affecting play

LE TRE FEMME — OPEN UP THE SAFE — UPTIGHT                                                                            EX            50

Strong girl group dancer.  Local release before 20th Century.

LEE ANDREWS & THE HEARTS — NEVER THE LESS — CRIMSON                                              M-             75 SOLD

One of the biggest oldies in the country at the moment.

LENNY WELCH — A HUNDRED POUNDS OF PAIN — MAINSTREAM DEMO                           M-             25 SOLD

Now here’s a forgotten tune which could use a reactivation, big at Wigan, Blackpool and Cleethorpes at the same time back in 75/76.

LIFE — CAT’S EYES — FRENCH PHILIPS P/S                                                                                                             EX            25

Don’t see this everyday (well never actually) — French picture sleeve copy!

LORRAINE RUDOLPH — KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE — JETSTREAM                              M-             75 SOLD

These used to be everywhere — same old story - try finding one now.

MAJOR LANCE — AIN’T NO SOUL (IN THESE OLD SHOES) — OKEH                                          EX+         40

Large 45 on label means it’s the original press.

MAJOR LANCE — UM, UM, UM, UM, UM, UM — OKEH P/S                                                                  EX            40

Daft name for a great song, this comes with a lovely picture sleeve which is in great shape (deletion hole top corner)

MARION STEWART — I MUST BE LOSING YOU — R RECORDS DEMO                                       M-             250

Beautiful, massive production midtempo dancer.  One of my all time favourites.  Forget those blue styrene issues, they’re everwhere, this is the still very rare vinyl white demo and it’s pristine.

MARV JOHNSON — COME ON AND STOP — UNITED ARTISTS DEMO                                      M-             125

Big tune over the last decade or so.  Fantastic copy.

MASTER FOUR — LOVE FROM THE FAR EAST — TAY-STER                                                           EX+         200

The much tougher cartoon label version — great dancer.

MAXINE BROWN — ONE IN A MILLION — WAND                                                                                EX+         50

Absolute classic and such a lovely copy.  Drill hole in label.

MAXINE BROWN — LET ME GIVE YOU MY LOVIN’ — WAND                                                          VG++      30 SOLD

Few scuffs on this one but plays without a problem at all

MICHAEL & RAYMOND — MAN WITHOUT A WOMAN — RCA DEMO                                         EX            125

A Pied Piper classic

MARY LOVE — LAY THIS BURDEN DOWN — MODERN                                                                     VG++      40 SOLD

Visible scuffs on this one but plays like a dream.

THE METROS — SINCE I FOUND MY BABY — RCA ISSUE                                                                 EX            200

Have a bit of this then — black stock copy!   No need to play it, just look at it!

MILTON WRIGHT & THE TERRA SHIRMA STRINGS — THE GALLOP — CARLA                      M-             100

So rare white/yellow/blue stock copy, and the best condition I’ve ever seen

MITCH RYDER & THE DETROIT WHEELS — BREAK OUT — NEW VOICE                                EX+         25

Nice on the multi-coloured paper label.

THE M.V.P.’S — TURNIN’ MY HEARTBEAT UP — BUDDAH DEMO                                                EX            300 SOLD

Massive again…few marks on the vinyl and a tiny bit of crackle right on the first couple of bars, after that, perfect.  B side is the same track, more crackle on that one.  When I say crackle, it’s f-ck all really.  Anyway, this are like hen’s teeth nowadays.

THAT COMPLETES TODAY’S LIST LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I HOPE YOU FOUND SOMETHING OF INTEREST.

THESE ARE SET SALE PRICES AND I WON’T LISTEN TO ANY LOWER OFFERS AT THIS TIME, SORRY.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

CHEERS

PETE

POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR FIRST 3 RECORDS IN THE UK (RECORDED)

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS RECOMMENDED FOR RARER ITEMS!  COST £7.10

DON’T FORGET YOU ARE ONLY COVERED UP TO ABOUT £40 FOR RECORDED DELIVERY ITEMS, IT’S WORTH PAYING THE EXTRA TO GET £500 INSURANCE

OVERSEAS WILL QUOTE BUT IT’S USUALLY £9 EUROPE AND £10 ELSEWHERE FOR REGISTERED POSTAGE.
CHEERS
PETE

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source