Variations " I Wanna Take You Uptown" Right On

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

This record seems to have shot up in value lately with one going on ebay in July for over £300 and one today  going for over £400.   I had one in my sales box for £20 about 4 years ago, but no one interested.  Still got it, but won't be selling till next year when I plan to get rid of all my vinyl.  Always thought it had a Temptations sound to it.

I didn't think it was that rare, but obviously there is a demand now.

Good luck

Louis

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This record seems to have shot up in value lately with one going on ebay in July for over £300 and one today going for over £400. I had one in my sales box for £20 about 4 years ago, but no one interested. Still got it, but won't be selling till next year when I plan to get rid of all my vinyl. Always thought it had a Temptations sound to it.

I didn't think it was that rare, but obviously there is a demand now.

Good luck

Louis

£300 to £400 ,,,,holy moly.
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Its certainly not a £300 record in terms of rarity, it's relativley common but popular again given its uptempo funky feel .

A couple of copies have gone for high money on ebay recentley but I missed one a few months back for $156 which I think is about right  even given current popularity? Would rate it circa £100-£125 as a reasonable price from a buyers perspective?

Pete

Social source share

I've sold three copies on here...two in 2011 for £25 and £30 the other last year for £50.

Used to be around at £8 and cheaper many moons ago...ex-Keb spin...good track and I'm sure the OP will get a  copy at a reasonable price soon...like the instrumental myself!

:hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

So all this willy waving about who sold this and who sold that this year last year BLAH BLAH BLAH

can anybody offer this poor fella the tune he needs to satisfy his soul

:)

Just putting things into perspective Paul...which will hopefully lead to the OP obtaining a copy at a non-inflated price.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Thanks lads, it confirms my expectations on value and it's certainly one that laid unwanted in sales boxes a few years back.

It's one of those Stafford spins that sounds even better with the years hence the post. As I said a reasonable price is what I'm after but there's no hurry.. :wink:

The instrumental was the side I remember from first time round Flynny..

Social source share

It might not be as rare as current prices suggest but there are not plenty of copies about for sale.  Yes there has been half dozen lately but prior to that people were looking for some time to try and get copies.  People are still looking without much joy so that tells you a different story. I'm not saying they aren't tucked away in collections, they are but they aren't on the open market.   I sold my copy a few weeks ago and yes I got a very good price but I could have sold it half a dozen times for around the price I got.  Yes the bubble will burst, demand will drop but until then......

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I sold my copy a few weeks ago and yes I got a very good price but I could have sold it half a dozen times for around the price I got.  

Do I get a share of the profit then, considering what you bought it from me from :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

A copy sold only a few days ago on EBay for $743.00 so I will happily sell you my copy for $500.00. Its in at least Ex condition and plays perfect. 

Social source share

I think I've made my valuation clear lads. I understand of course that seeing a couple of vastly overpriced auctions go through is going to raise price expectations (temporarily?) so I'm happy to wait for the right price.

One was on facebook Rare Soul Sales at £200 this week and hadn't sold last time I looked which suggests that that price is also to high..

It's been an interesting debate though... :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...