Omg ! Never Heard This Before

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Sorry, still prefer the Impressions or the Five Stairsteps.

Agreed, same for me plus Jerry Butler on Vee Jay as well

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Sorry, still prefer the Impressions or the Five Stairsteps.

I like this and I am a big fan of Santana  and have been for a long time for their very distictive guitar,latin rythmm sound.However this is soul we re talking about I like the Impressions,soul with a capital S and then some more, even more than, much more than ,Santana who are  latin bluesy rock genre, and the Imps version  is the dogs B the real mc coy,the Soulfull  biz.Also like the five Stairsteps as did Curtis himself of course considering the amount of  work he did with them.Therefore much as I like Santana ,and I do a lot,I.m with you all the way on this one Matt with me its The Imps then The Five Stairsteps as my order of preference,the  boys from the Windy City win .

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Different songs aren't they ?

Yup, those two together with The Millionaires mentioned in a previous post are three completely different songs to the Mayfield written one.

As good as they all are the only thing they have in common is the title

Social source share

Yup, those two together with The Millionaires mentioned in a previous post are three completely different songs to the Mayfield written one.

As good as they all are the only thing they have in common is the title

Ahh, my mistake, I should follow the thread more closely.

Although I do love that Melvin Davis song

Apologies anyways.

Social source share

That's the song sung by Santana that I've heard, that I like most.  But, I don't like listening to it.  But, then, I'd only ever heard one song by Sanyana before today (their mega hit-I can't even remember its name, but it MUST have been a mega monster hit if I've heard it at all, not having listened to radio since 1966).

My favourite versions:

1 - Impressions

2 - Major Lance

3 - Jerry Butler

distant 4- Five Stairsteps

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Santana Moonflower album is a great album to listen to at home, everyone knows "she's not there" but how many have listened to tracks like "I'll be waiting" & "dance sister dance"? great tracks imo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!