Chuck Jackson - Morecambe

Barry

That's a night I wish to forget. I was ill and couldn't go there. Chuck Jackson must have had a jinx on me . I also missed him when he was on with I think Lorraine Chandler somewhere. Finally got to see him at the Northampton weekender about 5 or 6 years ago.must admit it was worth the wait. Absolutely amazing performance and then had the pleasure of chatting to the great man and his lovely wife.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I still maintain he was one of the best live acts I've ever seen,

Gt Yarmouth circa 1990, he had us all in the palm of his hand.

Jim

WTched him rehearse, spent fair bit of time with him, fantastic and so professional.  Gave Snake Davis and the band a few bollockings when hitting the wrong notes :lol:  it worked mind as it was one of the best performances I've seen that night.

Social source share

Here you go Barry Mr Chuck Jackson live at the Morecambe Central Pier All-Nighter

the actual photos are good quality ( I've got about half a dozen) if you need them I can scan them for you Barry these are just quick pictures with my phone

Paul

post-29325-0-00381100-1408566327_thumb.j

post-29325-0-32712000-1408566344_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here you go Barry Mr Chuck Jackson live at the Morecambe Central Pier All-Nighter

the actual photos are good quality ( I've got about half a dozen) if you need them I can scan them for you Barry these are just quick pictures with my phone

Paul

Those pics bring back a few memories.

At the end of his set I got onto the stage at the left hand side and shook his hand as he went off. He seemed a bit shaky and I remember thinking that he might have been a little worse for wear (or a little exhausted?). Great night and certainly ticked the "I've seen Chuck Jackson wish list box".

Social source share

cant remember any cameras or seeing anything on any sites baz was a cracking night though 

I went - it's just I've never come across any photographs of the night, would love to see some, we met him backstage....got him to sign this...

425037_10150633611792200_502997108_n.jpg

Social source share

Oh and just to reiterate what has been said on other threads, Morecombe (Shaun G) doing its bit to keep the scene going during the 80s. Not as cutting edge with music but some great, fun nighters there with good crowds.

morecambe always seems to be over looked especial the 3 years at the central pier really well attended event great dj line but never get mentioned as much as other venues great nights there 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I went - it's just I've never come across any photographs of the night, would love to see some, we met him backstage....got him to sign this...

425037_10150633611792200_502997108_n.jpg

got a signed portrait picture off him and have some photos there at my folks house will have a look next time im over there baz and scan them for u still have the flier as well

• Helpful 1
Social source share

got a signed portrait picture off him and have some photos there at my folks house will have a look next time im over there baz and scan them for u still have the flier as well

That would be great mate. A lost night for me there, no pics or anything. 

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest DaveSwift

I saw him at Hinckley. He was disappointing. He spent a lot of time letting audience sing into the mike.  Seems like we were unlucky and he had an off night.

Social source share

He was incredible at Yarmouth circa 1990, in fact I have discussed the very performance this afternoon with Mr Molloy. A moment in time never to be forgotten..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!