Interesting View On The N/s Scene

Nocker

Guest Matt Male

It's a strange article, sounds like the interviewer is trying to goad Kev into saying something disparaging, but to his credit Kev doesn't. This person, Craig Campbell has an agenda but Kev doesn't fall for it.

Social source share

It's a strange article, sounds like the interviewer is trying to goad Kev into saying something disparaging, but to his credit Kev doesn't. This person, Craig Campbell has an agenda but Kev doesn't fall for it.

Yep that's exactly how it came across to me as well. The mischievous Craig character trying to prove there's a greater divide than their actually is. Anybody know anything about his pedigree? I really can't be asked to google him, although I'm sure he has a very interesting northern soul history, that most will marvel at :)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I reckon he don't like people with real records and he is only 4'6" tall and can't get a dj spot with his USB memory stick and has probably been banned from SS   :huh:

Social source share

‘If you don’t collect you’re not worthy.’

‘A white label is the only label’

‘f*ck the overlap class.  They don’t belong here.’

Think he's having a bad trip or something; I've never heard anyone say any of those things. Dont know what the second two would even mean.

he doesnt seem to realise : the bitter, angry middle aged man spitting bile from behind a keyboard...is him.

I was laughing at that when I saw it as well.  But I still don't know what it means either...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

PhilT, on 21 Aug 2014 - 7:40 PM, said:

Call me elitist but if I couldn't spell 'too' I'd sit really f*cking still when there were pens about.

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  

One of the best one liners for ages Phil.

I'll be using that one in the office. Brilliant.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Rob Alias

Undoubtedly the piece is badly written, but I am sure that there are individuals who will recognise a degree of truth in the wider criticism being made. The fact is that it is still too early for a meaningful (and definitive) examination of the soul scene as it developed (and some might argue ossified) in 'the North', there are still too many individuals with particular interests to defend about for it to be otherwise.

Rob Alias   

Social source share

Guest Mart B

Can't wait for the over lap dancing classes to start. Me - bitter and twisted? Whispering to fish ? Where did it all go wrong ? Lol

Bitter and Twisted can't fault it Kev,whispering to fish must be good a legal high lol.
Social source share

Guest Byrney

A well written, balanced and erudite piece of work. This is why Northern Soul, DJs, punters and promoters should embrace all media opportunities.  :rofl:  :elvis:

Social source share

Undoubtedly the piece is badly written, but I am sure that there are individuals who will recognise a degree of truth in the wider criticism being made. The fact is that it is still too early for a meaningful (and definitive) examination of the soul scene as it developed (and some might argue ossified) in 'the North', there are still too many individuals with particular interests to defend about for it to be otherwise.

Rob Alias 

Pardon? Could you re-phrase in Laymans terms please

Social source share

I tried to establish what an 'overlap class' was so I googled the term.

Not wishing to send people to sleep with internet links, it is something for a microsoft developer network or neural network documentation. :sleep3: 

I am still none the wiser, however, which ever version of the above the journalist was referring to I think it proves beyond all doubt the he has a serious self abuse problem and needs immediate medical treatment. Journalists being reptiles; in this instance the decent thing would be to ask the vet to put down the poor tortured creature.  :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!