Skullsnaps - Manship Auction

Julianb

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Social source share

not so much better dave.... its longer. the usa is edited and is 3.04 long.  the uk copy says 3.04 but actually plays the same as the album version and clocks over 4 minutes

I know that Dave, I've still got the UK copy that I bought as a new release.

But I still think the sound reproduction is better on the UK release. :thumbsup:

Social source share

And how many more copy's has Jason got? Must have listed at least 1/2 dozen already this year (know that as I've bid on a couple of them but to no avail).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I know that Dave, I've still got the UK copy that I bought as a new release.

But I still think the sound reproduction is better on the UK release. :thumbsup:

yeh probably as uk vinyl is better than usa.. i had the uk copy years ago but had a usa one for the last 10 years..a bit more noise on it even tho the plastic is clean

Social source share

Does the leading bidder know the US version is easily obtainable? There have been several on eBay in the last year, but not in mint condition, going for reasonable money. Great shame I'm Your Pimp never got a US release on 45rpm. I can remember chatting to Russ in his Wigan store about the possibilities of a double A side release but this sadly never came to pass on UK vinyl although the opportunity must have been there. The Skull Snaps also have another decent release listed in Manship #6 as a DJ copy, but Didn't I Do It To You has turned up a couple of times as a light- brown issue. The Skull Snaps, like some other big late 70's artists, seem to be in demand again recently judging from  the competitive bidding.

Social source share

Does the leading bidder know the US version is easily obtainable? There have been several on eBay in the last year, but not in mint condition, going for reasonable money. Great shame I'm Your Pimp never got a US release on 45rpm. I can remember chatting to Russ in his Wigan store about the possibilities of a double A side release but this sadly never came to pass on UK vinyl although the opportunity must have been there. The Skull Snaps also have another decent release listed in Manship #6 as a DJ copy, but Didn't I Do It To You has turned up a couple of times as a light- brown issue. The Skull Snaps, like some other big late 70's artists, seem to be in demand again recently judging from  the competitive bidding.

All the brown issue copies of 'Didn't I Do It To You' I've seen have a DJ stamp on them - did it get a proper release

Re - 'My Hang Up Is You' it's quite possible people are bidding on it for the flip side which was the in-demand track for funk collectors - either way it's still a ridiculous price

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2:I bet no one on this site can make it over a ton, :rofl: DAVE K

I sold a M- UK issue of Skull Snaps on ebay in May this year for $192.50 / £115-ish.

Five different bidders over $150 (all from the UK).

I was as surprised as anyone.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!