Fuming Beyond Words

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Guest MissHongkongfuey

After a recent thread on here regarding the 1973 Jerry Williams - If You Ask - Calla demo. I decided to buy one recently listed on Ebay.

Here's the link to the original listing......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jerry-Williams-If-you-ask-me-Yvonne-7-inch-vinyl-single-/171418556393?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Snl7KUQEmG2s0DZkmAWniWz74gY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

What I actually received in the post today was an absolutely battered copy of the Pie Disco Demand one. Utterly unplayable!! If the seller was nearer to me, I would have returned it in person, making sure that the record and his sphincter were introduced in a joyous union.

I should have known better, with only one feedback to his name.

Social source share

MissHongkongfuey, on 28 Aug 2014 - 7:00 PM, said:

After a recent thread on here regarding the 1973 Jerry Williams - If You Ask - Calla demo. I decided to buy one recently listed on Ebay.

Here's the link to the original listing......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jerry-Williams-If-you-ask-me-Yvonne-7-inch-vinyl-single-/171418556393?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Snl7KUQEmG2s0DZkmAWniWz74gY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

What I actually received in the post today was an absolutely battered copy of the Pie Disco Demand one. Utterly unplayable!! If the seller was nearer to me, I would have returned it in person, making sure that the record and his sphincter were introduced in a joyous union.

I should have known better, with only one feedback to his name.

Bugger! :facepalm:

He did have an emergency to tend to!

Peter

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Bugger! :facepalm:

He did have an emergency to tend to!

Peter

Indeed Peter!! He heard that I was setting off for Stafford wearing heavy duty rubbing gloves..... up to the elbow!!!   :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy: 

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Claim item not as represented and you'll get your money back.

Already sorted Joe. He didn't respond to me, only Ebay but requested that I returned it via recorded delivery (at my expense) for a refund. I then sent him another one demanding the cost of return postage also. Refund agreed etc but I'm wounded I now don't have the record.

Just gobsmacked he tried to pull something like this but half expected, with no feedback that he'd disappear off the planet too.

Grateful for the refund :thumbsup:

Edited by MissHongkongfuey
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

He's actually broken the law there.

Tell him to give you the money back immediately or you'll send your mates round.  I can get a posse of 8 men together at short notice  :lol:

Ahahahahaha..... Rather like "Rock, paper scissors", My heafty batty, my rubber gloves & an arsehole detector built into my PMT fuelled fist is all I need to be armed with Petal :D 

Much thanks for the posse offer though!

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Seller lifted that pic off the net as that very same pic of the Calla demo was used on this site back in 2010.

Whether or not it was Prophonics' actual copy or a scan already on the net at that time I don't know.

Post 12 in below thread

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Seller lifted that pic off the net as that very same pic of the Calla demo was used on this site back in 2010.

Whether or not it was Prophonics' actual copy or a scan already on the net at that time I don't know.

Post 12 in below thread

I wonder if he's just lazy or unable to take or upload pics for whatever reason? Makes me doubt all the records on his list. Really looking forward to his future feedback.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Blimey Madam this chap sounds like he's no Gentleman , sorry to hear of this but glad you have been reimbursed , out of interest what colour gloves do you use ? regards Elsie .

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I wonder if he's just lazy or unable to take or upload pics for whatever reason? Makes me doubt all the records on his list. Really looking forward to his future feedback.

Here's his Eddie Regan scan from CF

https://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/330695524319/Eddie_Regan_Playin_Hide_And_Seek

The John Roberts with the "46" sticker being sold by a US seller

https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Roberts-45-Sockin-1-2-3-4-DUKE-/390608607434

etc, etc, etc

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Blimey Madam this chap sounds like he's no Gentleman , sorry to hear of this but glad you have been reimbursed , out of interest what colour gloves do you use ? regards Elsie .

Dear Elsie.

I wear only the finest "Coo Ca Choo" Alvin style gaunlets. Complete with Tiger Eye and Goth Skull rings. Usually saved for Duelling with Southerners and shifty sellers.

Black is my colour of choice during my rubber moments.

post-5150-0-25345800-1409254004_thumb.jp

Edited by MissHongkongfuey
Social source share

In answer to my own question YES!!  :rolleyes:

I reported the Eddie Regan as the photo has been taken from one of my old listings. (not really mine)

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

The Billy Preston and Johnny Williams (bottom one of the two) scans even have Avid Vinyl's watermark FFS

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Dear Elsie.

I wear only the finest "Coo Ca Choo" Alvin style gaunlets. Complete with Tiger Eye and Goth Skull rings. Usually saved for Duelling with Southerners and shifty sellers.

Tiger eye?......is that a euphemism? :wicked:  

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Dear Elsie.

Blimey there'll  be one or two on here trying to sell you a few rough records now !!!! regards , Simon.

Social source share

The Billy Preston and Johnny Williams scans even have Avid Vinyl's watermark FFS

Go to his listings, find one and half way down the page on the right hand side is "Report Item"

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Blimey there'll  be one or two on here trying to sell you a few rough records now !!!! regards , Simon.

Let them come Simon. I'm ready for them!

post-5150-0-75232400-1409287229.png

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

In answer to my own question YES!!  :rolleyes:

I reported the Eddie Regan as the photo has been taken from one of my old listings. (not really mine)

Reported from me also.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I'm sending it back this morning with a 20p stamp on it, so if he wants it back to sell on again.... he'll have to pay the excess cost. Think he might have to pay a £1 for the handling charge too!!

I was tempted by the blades but thought it better to let the Old Man rub it over his genitals instead   :shhh:  :shhh: 

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Well as he completely ripped you off you have no alternative but to leave him negative, do it and save others from being ripped off because getting negative so early will really f*ck his ratings up

Sorted Pete!

He's got 50% for his feedback now. The other one left, which seems to be very positive, must have come from his Nan!

Social source share

Situations like this leave me puzzled - apart from the fact that it looks like straight fraud how on earth does the seller think he can do this with absolutely no comeback?

Do they think or hope the buyer can't be bothered with more stress and just write it off?

Or maybe they don't even see the problem? ie. What's the big deal she wanted Jerry Williams and she got Jerry Williams.

I sometimes sound a bit naive as though why would anybody do stuff like this?

But why waste time trying to figure out why other people do daft stuff?

I'm still amazed at the way some people operate and guess I always will.

Derek

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

Situations like this leave me puzzled - apart from the fact that it looks like straight fraud how on earth does the seller think he can do this with absolutelyno comeback?

Do they think or hope the buyer can't be bothered with more stress and just write it off?

Or maybe they don't even see the problem? ie. What's the big deal she wanted Jerry Williams and she got Jerry Williams.

I sometimes sound a bit naive as though why would anybody do stuff like this? But why waste time trying to figure out why other people do daft stuff?

I'm still amazed at the way some people operate and guess I always will.

Derek

That's a bit rich coming from you Mr Pearson, doing daft stuff I mean, no

reflection on your records sales.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I've just been back on ebay to check his feedback, as I knew he had several finishing around the same time as mine.....

Of the 11 positive feebacks received, 8 are from the same buyer!! All very suspicious in my eyes. :wicked:  1 neutral from a buyer with the same issues as me also.

He'll get bored of selling to himself!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!