I Need To Know This Record...it's A Good 'un

Soulstu

It was played out last night - probably a very well known one that somehow or another i've missed.... and it's a belter.

All I can give you guys is a description:

Pretty uptempo, male vocal, slight RnB flavour, horns etc (maybe a touch of harmonica in it?) but very northern.

Chorus tune is a bit like the 'Every night and day, I'm gonna stay' bit in Comin' Home Baby but over the top he sings, 'my baby is gone, my baby is gone'.. I think.

I didn't ask the DJ for fear of being laughed out of the venue!... you live and learn.

There's a virtual pint (ePint?) in it for the person who can help me out!

Stu

Social source share

Ady C saves the day again by making sure its available to us on British vinyl rather than American styrene.

:thumbsup:

Is the Curtis Lee on styrene...I've had stockers and WDs from various pressing plants, but all were vinyl.

Social source share

First heard this tune on a rugby niter c.d that they used to do....picked  up so many great tunes from them anniversary c.d's....don't think they do them now which is a shame...def played out by dave rimmer. Not a massive fan of r&b, but this is a good......Rob

We do still give out a free cd (for promotional use only) at our anniversaries.

We used to have the tracks listed on our website but we were "asked" to take them down. :wink:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!