Memorial : Les ( Libby ) Merrell

What a character, what a loss, as Dave says a true Soulie and we'll miss him so much. First met Les at Middleton he was with Coggy over by the wall in the dark shadows, he could be leary but he was a Gent around women and should have written a book with the stories he had, we spent many a night laughing in his company and I know Coggy will be devastated by his passing. I remember the first time we went back to Jan & Cog's in the morning, I was following on a Dual Carriageway when Cog suddenly pulled up & a nighter bag flew out back door followed by Libby who shot off over a wall and through some trees. Back at Cog's I asked what had he done to get thrown from the car on a busy road, I didn't throw him out Spot, he normally goes that way as it's quicker and he like to borrow a couple of eggs from the Allotments for his breakfast on his way home, as I said a character who'll be truly missed. :hatsoff2:

Spot & Gail. :shades:

Edited by spot
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

R.I.P LIBBY........he once told Jan that as she danced it was like a herd of gazelles going across the dancefloor...always had great one liners   tezza & Jan  xx

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

The madness of things, last time i saw Libby was at Lifeline, in the morning he made a point of coming over ans saying, "Harpo tek your meds, promise me you will"

Months on both of them gone, and me right as rain, gaining weight and not yellow even in the eyes, Les kept taking me under the exit light looking for that, .

In the middle of his spot, Sam as he does threw a curve, Spinning Top The Orlons, only Libby danced it through and on the beat , not the backbeat, proper!!

Love n miss you, we had that link from bad times in the past, but i know he was a gent, and im trying

Love Harpo n Sandi

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest gfarrington

went to collect a clothes rail i had bought on southport buy&sell page (f/b) and the lady selling was his older sisters friend , small world

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!