Broadways On Auction

Pete S

Guest turntableterra

I think its a truly great record, yes it went for a ridiculously high price, I couldn't believe it. but you get trust and assurance from buying from john. IMHO

Social source share

Doesn't it make you think that there may be a bit of Shill bidding going on sometimes when you see these cheap records selling at ridiculous prices?
There's a couple I've seen lately and thought that something isn't right, like the Sheila Anthony - Livin in love on Route up to £67.50 with 4 days to go that's on there now.
Sorry should point out I mean on eBay not JMs auctions.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sheila-Anthony-Livin-In-Love-Woman-To-Woman-RT-13-UK-7-1stP-1975-Route-/291238767509?pt=UK_Records&hash=item43cf2eeb95

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Doesn't it make you think that there may be a bit of Shill bidding going on sometimes when you see these cheap records selling at ridiculous prices?

There's a couple I've seen lately and thought that something isn't right, like the Sheila Anthony - Livin in love on Route up to £67.50 with 4 days to go that's on there now.

Sorry should point out I mean on eBay not JMs auctions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sheila-Anthony-Livin-In-Love-Woman-To-Woman-RT-13-UK-7-1stP-1975-Route-/291238767509?pt=UK_Records&hash=item43cf2eeb95

In the case of Sheila Anthony, I absolutely agree with you, something not right there on Ebay

Social source share

I think its a truly great record, yes it went for a ridiculously high price, I couldn't believe it. but you get trust and assurance from buying from john. IMHO

What 216 pounds worth of trust and assurance?

Ridiculous, the worlds gone mad - it'd be good if the person who bought it would come on here and explain why he thinks its a good idea to pay over £200 for a £30 record…. :huh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

This is actually one of my all time favourites.... I was after a mint copy on ebay a few weeks back and lost the auction in the last seconds for under £40. I really do wonder who pays these premium prices....? Maybe there are a lot of Japanese guys who bid on the Manship auctions, as I know a lot of Japanese collectors (not just of records) by UK standards have very deep pockets.....

Social source share

Manship mania. Plain tune finally has it's day and value spirals. Invest now in the Royalettes, the next big MGM sound. Sell April Stevens, it's had it's day. Hold Dotty Cambridge, it might go big (price wise) one day. Why buy stocks and shares when you can speculate on labels. MGM is the new Shrine so bid accordingly wannabe DJ's...Off to the footie now...

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

I used to leave these in the rack on Bradford market, didnt like it then and still dont.

that's because you can't back drop into the climaxes of the record,Kegs -too many dinner time sessions with Andy Simpson has left you knackered :rofl: !!

-and have you managed to dump all those Reggie Sadler's and Fabulous Fours yet?? :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!