Richard Searling's 1990's Cellarfull Of Soul Show

Mick Sway

just had a little listen to the jerry williams interview....mick, these are very important archive pieces now considering when they were recorded....unfortunately, i didn't start listening to richard's show until 2004, so a lot of water under the bridge, but exciting times just the same as the scene was just re-igniting as well!

....used to tape the show's as well and still have quite a few up in the loft, though what's on them, i wouldn't know as i don't think i catalogued the playlists.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

just had a little listen to the jerry williams interview....mick, these are very important archive pieces now considering when they were recorded....unfortunately, i didn't start listening to richard's show until 2004, so a lot of water under the bridge, but exciting times just the same as the scene was just re-igniting as well!

....used to tape the show's as well and still have quite a few up in the loft, though what's on them, i wouldn't know as i don't think i catalogued the playlists.

Obviously I quite agree.

In case anyone asks I have asked Richard about them and he seems care that they are made available.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Just added.

Not Cellarfull of Soul, but Dave Evison's Signal Radio Show from the late 1990,s .

Unfortunately I didn't write the date down on the C90 at the time that I recorded it so if anyone has the actual date I'd appreciate it. Worth a listen because he interviewed a number of "late" artists that we took for granted for so long including the Major,

Barbara Acklin and Edwin Starr.

Other guests include Frank Elson, Pep, Colin Curtis, Chris Burton and Johnny Beggs.

Click on the link to Listen:

The Golden Torch story by Dave Evison and Co with Major Lance, Barbara Acklin and Edwin Starr.

Note: This is actually part 2, for   part 1 click HERE

Edited by Mick Sway
Correction/.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!