The Tomangoe's I Really Love You Washpan On Ebay

snooky

Good question, at current ebay bidding values the sky's the limit, if £60 gets you a Sheila Anthony on Route this record is already over £1000 with 6 days left.

It's a difficult to obtain record and my 4th edition Manship guide values it at £2000 for a minter (I know its out of date), VG should be 50% less in value but these days that means nothing.

I suspect this copy could reach £3000 if bidders assume the guide means any half decent playable copy.

I will make do with my demo Tamangoes Grapevine copy because this record is going to be out of my price range. 

Curious what Pete S is gonna make of the sale.

Social source share

Having just had a close look at the one for sale, as much as you can do on the internet. I think he may have been a little conservative in his grading. Listening to it, it also sound way better than 'half decent'. Think who ever get this will be a happy bunny

Hear hear, sounds great. Better than most things I've been sold as VG+ or even EX+  :yes:  In fact I've given up buying at the moment as I'm sick of sending stuff back that hasn't been play graded, and some that have but have been over graded.

Social source share

Without any shred of evidence at all I reckon this record is probably in most collectors top five of all time.

Classic is too small a word to describe it.

It's way way beyond good and great - think awesome think immense.

It's everything rare northern soul should and could be.

It ticks all the boxes. It's got it all. It doesn't get any better than this.

Would love to know the timeline / history of this 45 - like who first played it and where etc etc...

It could be one of those mental stories in that it never took off when first played and soon got relegated to the back of the box. Only to be resurrected a few years later. I do love a good story.

Years ago, when I used to smoke a bit, I did write a completely fictitious story regarding this record purely for my own amusement. Things we do when we're younger eh?

This Ebay sale cropped up in conversation earlier today and once again I made the bold statement (without any shred of evidence at all to back it up) that I bet there's more copies of the record here in the UK than there are left over in the states.

Derek

Social source share

Funny thing is at Wigan through 1977-1978 there was always someone selling it and because of the authentication, I never bothered with it but  Linky and Duncan did both had copies then let em go never knowing the story behind them who played it which club ect never knew but then it didn't do to me what it does for you, it is quality but at that price it had to be after all in 77-78 most people just wanted £8-£10 for it !!!!, we sold the boots at Halifax piece hall for 95p rather than the £1.25 as normal.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!