Tommy Hunt Collapses On Stage

Winnie :-)

Are you sure Winnie? I've just seen that Gareth Hunt has collapsed on-stage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-129796/Heart-fear-Hunt-collapses-stage.html

No specific details Bill, but the info has come via some of the people attending Butlins. Like I say, the timeline is difficult to follow, because they're all different threads. One said it was a suspected heart attack, and the poster said his wife was with him, then a few minutes later another thread pops up, saying Tommy had gone back to the venue. But thought it was worth mentioning. 

Social source share

Reports from 'Bultins' and the 'Daily Mail..' Dunno bout you but I'd seriously wonder about those two sources... line from the Mail article states, Hunt, 59, cried out 'Oh please God', slumped across a table on stage and then fell to the floor.. hope I'm not being disrespectful, that sounds like an encore at Butlins...

Lets hope both Mr Hunts are better soon..

Mal.C

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

It's ridiculous the heat we have to put up with in venue's these days, most large halls have air conditioning but refuse to use it, as I was told by bar staff at a recent night they were told not to put it on as it "makes them drink more", idiot! :huh:

A speedy recovery please Mr Hunt.

not sure, is tommy in is mid 70s, speedy recovery :hatsoff2: billy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It's ridiculous the heat we have to put up with in venue's these days, most large halls have air conditioning but refuse to use it, as I was told by bar staff at a recent night they were told not to put it on as it "makes them drink more", idiot! :huh:

A speedy recovery please Mr Hunt.

Fully endorse this remark ....................for an organisation like Butlins not to invest in Air Conditioning is a criminal sin.

The result is that someone is going to have a major health problem due to the heat generated by lights, audience etc......so keen to say that the event had attracted a world record attendance for soul event of 8,000 its hoped that some of the 'profits' generated can used to install suitable air conditioning.. :sweatingbullets:  :sweatingbullets:  :sweatingbullets: ................have said this in the (usual) questionnaire sent by Butlins.

EVERY ACT complained about the heat generated, even the lead singer in the Flirtation said she was from Alabama "where its hot at times but man it's hot on stage" ...................best wishes Tommy, a true professional who made the utmost effort to

not let his fans down at the finale

a true LEGEND

Edited by the Happy Hooker
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Fully endorse this remark ....................for an organisation like Butlins not to invest in Air Conditioning is a criminal sin.

The result is that someone is going to have a major health problem due to the heat generated by lights, audience etc......so keen to say that the event had attracted a world record attendance for soul event of 8,000 its hoped that some of the 'profits' generated can used to install suitable air conditioning.. :sweatingbullets:  :sweatingbullets:  :sweatingbullets: ................have said this in the (usual) questionnaire sent by Butlins.

EVERY ACT complained about the heat generated, even the lead singer in the Flirtation said she was from Alabama "where its hot at times but man it's hot on stage" ...................best wishes Tommy, a true professional who made the utmost effort to

not let his fans down at the finale

a true LEGEND

Completely agree. I also wrote to Butlins to complain about the heat. we also spoke to staff to understand why the overhead fans weren't on and they said they were broken. Let's keep in touch on this cos I feel strongly about the heat issue especially since these guys aren't getting any younger and it would be devastating if something worse happened to these guys who we all love.

Social source share

Completely agree. I also wrote to Butlins to complain about the heat. we also spoke to staff to understand why the overhead fans weren't on and they said they were broken. Let's keep in touch on this cos I feel strongly about the heat issue especially since these guys aren't getting any younger and it would be devastating if something worse happened to these guys who we all love.

I can only concur with the above. I did two sets, one in Reds and one in the Skyline Pavillion and I came off several pounds lighter with two drenched shirts and I was only putting records on! I can't imagine how hot in must have been on stage what with the lights and all.......

Ian D :D  

Social source share

This is utter garbage ...................................they were on for the last night as we made a conspicuous effort to sit under one of the ceiling fans to get some circulated air.

I understand where your concern lies regarding the performers re. Tommy Hunt .................he is such a frail person, hence the reason he has to have a chair when performing on stage I've met Tommy in the past and I have the utmost regard for dedication to his profession and not wanting to let his public down.

I attend Eggborough SC and can't tell you how comfortable it is to be there when it's a hot evening and the AC is on ..............Bliss

• Helpful 1
Social source share

We were there.. And when Tommy came back for the finalie with Dean Parish, Judy Street, Eddie Holman and Diane Shaw, it was quite emotional, and the whole crowd were chanting Tommy, Tommy. I think it brought a tear to everyones eyes. But he did look a lot better. and we were very privaliged to see such a wonderful humble amazing person such as Tommy so desperate to come back and not let his fans down

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I hope that he is alright.  However this just confirms what I keep saying a lot of the artists that made the music we all love and restpect are now getting on in years, they should not keep getting taken around to do shows anymore it isn't fair on them. I respect these artists and feel that they should now be allowed to retire like other people do, this is my opinion.

Social source share

I hope that he is alright.  However this just confirms what I keep saying a lot of the artists that made the music we all love and restpect are now getting on in years, they should not keep getting taken around to do shows anymore it isn't fair on them. I respect these artists and feel that they should now be allowed to retire like other people do, this is my opinion.

Surely these artists continue to perform of their own free will ?  No one is forcing them to get up there.  Many have no alternative but to keep performing simply to make ends meet .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!