Theft Of Records - Early Warning

Markw

Not great at all .... but have to say that Social Media is one of the tools thieves now use to target prospects ... 

The fact that it may have been posted that the occupants of the property may have been away for the weekend ..leaves it very vulnerable and its another resource "low life's" can use to get an easier touch .

I just hope it's no one that knows him or a friend of a friend ... these things can have a habit of turning out to be an acquaintance of some kind :(

Its a very sad state of affairs .... but I had a mate get burgled last month while he was away on his honeymoon ( second marriage )   ... it was plastered all over his facebook page of where he was and for how long and every day to day step he was making ..

Hate the bloody thing ... but I know it has its uses .. 

Very sorry to hear of his loss ..just hope he had them covered under his house contents insurance ... ( and i know that can never replace the years of collecting ) 

And no reference to any Scousers nicking stuff please  

Edited by stevegods
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Not great at all .... but have to say that Social Media is one of the tools thieves now use to target prospects ... 

The fact that it may have been posted that the occupants of the property may have been away for the weekend ..leaves it very vulnerable and its another resource "low life's" can use to get an easier touch .

That is really good advice Steve, and something we all ought to be much more aware of.

Social source share

I just hope it's no one that knows him or a friend of a friend ... these things can have a habit of turning out to be an acquaintance of some kind :(

Its a very sad state of affairs .... but I had a mate get burgled last month while he was away on his honeymoon ( second marriage )   ... it was plastered all over his facebook page of where he was and for how long and every day to day step he was making ..

Hate the bloody thing ... but I know it has its uses .. 

Very sorry to hear of his loss ..just hope he had them covered under his house contents insurance ... ( and i know that can never replace the years of collecting ) 

And no reference to any Scousers nicking stuff please  

facebook is best left alone for many reasons but this just adds to them.  

dont know if anyone does this but on dog rare stuff you could etch your initials or postcode with an engravers tool in the run out.

only 20 quid for the tool. 

Social source share

dont know if anyone does this but on dog rare stuff you could etch your initials or postcode with an engravers tool in the run out.

Or heat up an old school compass point over the gas flame.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Wouldn't a permanent UV marker pen be a safer option, and less likely to devalue the vinyl?

Social source share

Wouldn't a permanent UV marker pen be a safer option, and less likely to devalue the vinyl?

you can go that way instead. up to you. do do something though. 

theres too much of this going on these days. we should be all thinking about more seriously about security. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

its disgusting and whom ever has done this needs sorting has  to violate some ones home is the lowest of the low,  englishmans home is his castle and all that and home is were the heart is , no soul in this persons heart

Social source share

Appalling, I always feel safe with our people when at a do or similar. Though as already stated, someone in the know must have been involved in this terrible act of theft.

I really must press on with indexing the collection and get them insured!

10-25k worth - £125 policy (50 excess)

25-50k    "      - £195     "             "

50-75k    "      - £250     "             "

75-100k  "      - £300     "             "

I spoke to a guy called Paul and he said it was OK to put the number up 01892 506 884

or go to the website www.newmooninsurance.com

Edited by Simsy
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest soulcamper

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I'm doing this for a mate - who has many friends on the Soul Scene - Gary Samways.

He has had the majority of this collection of 3,000 soul singles stolen from his house.

Here's a list of some of the records stolen there are too many to list but if any of these surface then we have a lead.
a complete set of mirwood lable, most of them white demo's
a complete set of grapevine singles, 1st series and grapevine 2000
a complete set of soul junction singles
tavasco - love is trying to get a hold on me - rampart (near mint)...
Charles johnson - never had a love so good- alston
lew kirton- heaven in the afternoon- alston (this came fro john buck in the 80's and has RSG stamped on it)
bobby taylor -there are roses somewhere in the world -sunflower (issue)
tamiko jones - cross my heart -metromedia demo
rick sheppard - can we share it - cbs demo
exportations - I want you
daddy maxfield - I've always been in love with you - ua demo
Alfie Davidson - love is serious business - mercury
vel vets - i'm gonna find me somebody - 20th century - issue
patti Austin - I've given all my love- coral - demo
patti Austin - too much a part of me - coral - demo
patti Austin - someones gonna cry - coral - demo
ortheia barnes - I never loved nobody -coral -demo
star treks - gonna need magic - veep - demo
Barbara banks - river of tears - veep - demo
darrow fletcher - what good am I - Jacklyn
darrow fletcher - infatuation - Jacklyn
bobby sheen - something new to do - wb -issue
bobby sheen - if I ever thought i'd hurt you -wb demo
we the people - making my daydream real - lion - demo (this has a pink cross on this side)
art and honey - lets make love now - motown - demo
betty wright - man of mine - alston
Barbara lewis - I remember the feeling - uk red atlantic
deon Jackson - ooh baby - uk red atlantic
Loretta Williams - baby cakes - uk red atlantic
drifters - baby what I mean - uk red atlantic
jay and the americans - got hung up along the way - uk ua
paul newman and the excallibers - aint you got a heart - uk mercury
Jackie Wilson - it's all over - Brunswick - demo
barret strong - man up in the sky - capitol
barret strong - is it true - capitol

Please contact Gary via Facebook if you know the anything about this monstrous act or if you see any of these offered for sale. Cheers.

Edited by soulcamper
Social source share

Gary ... don't know you mate ... as ive been off the scene for a while and only a newbie on this site ...but my heart goes out to you mate .. it really does .

Just seen the list ... and that's a life time of memories ..never mind the value ... and irreplaceable really.

I really hope that someone ..somewhere feels someone's collar on this one and turns up a lead .. 

It's a violation of many things when someone burgles you ..and you always feel they could return at any time ... its very distressing I know .

I would advise anyone who has a collection of any sort to both insure it and also think of the measures you can take to help prevent it from being stolen ...

House Alarm .

Movement censor cameras ..very cheap and easy to install ..only need one in the room that the collection is in ...

Big Dog ..

Get someone to house sit

and don't let many people know you are going away ..especially not on any Social Media sites ..

Hope something turns up for you mate ... cant think what it must be like to just have CD's to play . 

If I have any of your lost items twice ... which is possible..... their yours mate !! 

Steve 

Edited by stevegods
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

thanks everyone for your support, just hope we may be in with a chance of retrieving them

Awful to hear about this Gary. The scumbags would have needed a van to shift the volume of records stolen - have you spoken to the neighbours or checked on local CCTV? Suspect is probably local, North Wales coast, knows you and/or people who know you collect. Let us Soul Sourcers know what to look out for so we can nail the b------. Hang on in there son and hope something turns up.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The worrying thing Gary is that somebody who knows you has either done it or has passed on the details to others. Yes, you might have mentioned you were away on Facebook - but no way has a stranger come across that fact,  decided you must have a collection worth stealing then found out where you live , gone to your house and just stolen the records!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The worrying thing Gary is that somebody who knows you has either done it or has passed on the details to others. Yes, you might have mentioned you were away on Facebook - but no way has a stranger come across that fact,  decided you must have a collection worth stealing then found out where you live , gone to your house and just stolen the records!

If you have a look on Karen's facebook page you'll see that they appear to know who took them...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!