Time Marches On

Ann Taylor

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

At Wigan I heard this but didn't know who sang it. So I'm in the record bar and find a record with the title Time Marches On. So being young, naive, and off my face I say to the dealer is this the songs that goes.........and proceed sing my (completely out of tune) version of Laine Hill Time Marches On. The dealer tells me that it is the said record, I excitedley purchase it only to get home the next day and play it, finding it to be a semi instrumental and nothing like the Laine Hill record. It was actually The Peels Time Marches On. Dissapointed to say the least! I eventually sold that copy on to Domar. I did eventually get my Laine Hill. Have to say I always put her down as blue eyed so surprprised at post 9. Is that right?

Social source share

Seems so. Also learnt Al Kent work on her first song Is Worth It on Rsvp under the name Elaine Hill.....Err Laine Hill....Al didn't call him self Elaine.....no no no.

I think it's the banjos and guitar that threw me into thinking of tunes like Those Were The Days My Friend and being around the time of songs being plauged ... Adam And Eve, Just Like Romeo And Juliet that I presumed that she would be a blond, blue eyed girl.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share