Hamilton Movement "she's Gone"

Jim G

how come the 2nd bidder has had 77 bid retractions in 6 months?

Very interesting , 2% with this seller .

77 is a lot over 6 months but what constitutes a retraction ..the obvious pulled his bids or just stopped bidding before the end ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Very interesting , 2% with this seller .

77 is a lot over 6 months but what constitutes a retraction ..the obvious pulled his bids or just stopped bidding before the end ?

Well spotted Nev. number of bids suggests a dealer rather than a collector or DJ. Bidding on twenty records a day is hard work but dealers have to do this. The number of bid retractions is highly suspicious. An auction bid would normally only occur in extreme circumstances so the bidding profile suggests this is highly unusual activity. I wonder if this sale will fall through? The private bidder in the lead must be having some doubts.

Social source share

I thought it was the other way round Nev with the Rare Soul merchants trying to take the scene forward with scarce but inferior tunes for a younger audience who don't know any better.

Is the Hamilton Movement inferior then? Younger ears or open minded ears, people can make their own minds up as to what is inferior.

Social source share

Is that really your opinion?  Butch, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Dave Ripolles, Steve G, Arthur Fenn, Soul Sam to name just a few all playing obscure inferior music, you do come out with some crap if that really is what you think.  I don't know one venue or DJ that forces any music on anyone, they either go and listen and dance or go somewhere else.

Yes it's my considered opinion for what it's worth. All these top DJs have built their reputations playing the rarest and best classic sounds and rarities with a few of them spearheading the exposure of great new material from the 70's. Sure, they innovate and not all the records exposed hit the spot but my point was that there are inferior, poor dance potential sounds being pushed, mainly because they are rare and slightly-soundalike and no one else is attempting to break them. And are you telling me that every DJ plays exclusively for the crowd - some wannabe DJs play more for themselves or to an empty dance floor but we keep coming back for more...

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I have a solid EX copy with clean vinyl and clean labels I'm taking offers on. Current high bid is £2650.

BR, Karl

So that's four copies in a couple of weeks! JM, Ebay, yours and another forum members mate, common as muck (only teasing!)

Social source share

So that's four copies in a couple of weeks! JM, Ebay, yours and another forum members mate, common as muck (only teasing!)

The other forum probably KarlM copy, JM's copy will be a UK collector taking full advantage, rather than a recent find :)
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Did you go?

I don't need to go anywhere to form an opinion about any particular record, just like you are forming an opinion about this record.  You seem to have an opinion about more records than anyone on here witout out justification of ever attending a venue where it was played.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I don't need to go anywhere to form an opinion about any particular record, just like you are forming an opinion about this record.  You seem to have an opinion about more records than anyone on here witout out justification of ever attending a venue where it was played.

Well how can you say half the records played at Wigan were crap if you didn't go?  How do you know they were played there?  By all means say a record is crap but don't try and tarnish it with the old Wigan brush.  Do you want me to go to a venue where this Hamilton Movement is playing just so I can come home and say, yep, still crap?

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Obviously must be high demand for it as its becomes more expensive as more have been found..............I can see even more turning up so really had to see the price spike being maintained.............. :g:

Who says more have been found? Is that true, or is it based on the fact that a couple of people have decided to off load theirs and try and take advantage of the high demand for it.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Who says more have been found? Is that true, or is it based on the fact that a couple of people have decided to off load theirs and try and take advantage of the high demand for it.

Stands to reason, if someone sees a record going for big bucks, they try to get the same, strike while the iron is hot

Social source share

Obviously must be high demand for it as its becomes more expensive as more have been found..............I can see even more turning up so really had to see the price spike being maintained.............. :g:

Words from a man who would like one ,but not yet got one me thinks Kevin  :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!