• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• Solution

attachicon.gif002.jpg

attachicon.gif013.jpg

can somebody tell me please

kev

I've NEVER seen that blue issue.  I've NEVER seen ANY of that blue vertical logo design on any Chess record after 1830.  I'm guessing that's a special reprint.  It looks real enough.  But, in 1963 I lived in Chicago.  the original release was on the black issue, and, later, still during its initial sales run, the yellow and orange.  I traveled across USA and Canada for 3 months that year, looking at hundreds of thousands of 45s.  I never saw it.  If that were used in a press run in a plant that had an old overstock of the previous label style, why did I never see it in ALL these 52 years since?  There must have been precious few pressed.  Some kind of special commemorative issue?  A boot?  It looks legit, however.  But. I CAN'T bring myself to believe it is from 1963.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have 3 or 4 of those, they are recent repressed

I've had it in the past from NOS stocks next to OVO's and they are kosher in my eyes. They are indeed old runs of label from a certain pressing plant (this blue/silver fromTennessee maybe ?) and since it was a hit record, it's more than normal that they were pressed here and there & on and on. And like the link provided by Dave Turner here above points; CHESS 1841 through 1950 (1963—1966): Black label, however there are many pressing plant variations. Some 1800 series issues exist on blue and silver, others on multi-color Chess labels.

Social source share

I've had it in the past from NOS stocks next to OVO's and they are kosher in my eyes. They are indeed old runs of label from a certain pressing plant (this blue/silver fromTennessee maybe ?) and since it was a hit record, it's more than normal that they were pressed here and there & on and on. And like the link provided by Dave Turner here above points; CHESS 1841 through 1950 (1963—1966): Black label, however there are many pressing plant variations. Some 1800 series issues exist on blue and silver, others on multi-color Chess labels.

funny you should say that they came from memphis

kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!