Poll: Northern Soul - The Film - Your Take?

Mike

Northern Soul film - rating out of 5....  

1. 1. Northern Soul film - your take....

• 5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1 star

• 4 weeks later...

ok, think  the time has come to call it a day on this poll

Have left the poll open so members can still if wish rate/vote but have unpinned it

So taking todays current score as a result...

Northern Soul film - your take....
5 stars (74 votes [19.27%])
4 stars (162 votes [42.19%])
3 stars (111 votes [28.91%])
2 stars (24 votes [6.25%])
1 star (13 votes [3.39%])

384 members voted

after adding up and dividing etc etc the average score given to the films by us members is 3.7 stars out of 5 

Will now open up this thread for a short while, so if you do wish to discuss this 'result' then can do so below....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Two ways you could have made this movie; Primero, an musical, "Mama Mia" fullof fun and frolics with Jedward and Katie Price in the lead roles.     Segundo;  As a stark , gritty, realistic  northern drama [Willy Russell,Saturday night Sunday morning ,etc, etc ] Lainie Constantine chose the latter and what a total triumph it  is! It mirrored 70s working class life;poor education , poor housing no hope. The music became secondary to the powerful narrative of the superbly acted and crafted story, maybe the snotty spotty anoraks will whinge and whine;  Marvin was out of synch, the gear was the wrong colour, two much motown,[what a nice tribute to Edwin,"Time" and  "Backstreet"] For a first time major movie ,to bring it all together in such a way is nothing short of a miracle , Hail Emperor Constantine ***** Star.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fairspares

overall a very good film , having left school in 1979/80 became a mod then discovered  northern soul there were many parts in the film that took me back to those early days, oh and i couldnt stop tapping my feet throughout the film.

Social source share

I've recently watched Soul Boy again and I've warmed to it slightly, as I did watching NS teh Movie 2nd time round

I really think if you mixed the good bits of both Soul Boy, NS the Movie and Paul Mason's Culture documentary together with a "backdrop" ( pardon the pun ) with Mr Parmers '70 work you would be onto a winner !

Social source share