Help Identifying Male Beat Ballad

Ik001

Can any knowledgeable soulie help me identify this male beat ballad. Could be called "The Stranger" as one of the lines is "he was no stranger to town". It could be an obvious one, but any pointer in the right direction would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Been bugging me all day this one so have actually (in a fashion) managed to copy from tape and attached the mp3 download. Perhaps a step further??

Many thanks,

In Anticipation,

Ian

the stranger.mp3

Edited by ik001
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Haven't a clue, just been playing old tapes of Richard Searling's Cellar Full Of Soul, could be one of Mr. Taylors from about 10 years ago. There is also a Carl Carlton take of the Terry Callier : Look At Me Now on the same tape. I think Ian Levine found this one. Interesting stuff? :thumbsup:

Best,

Ian

Social source share

I have the whole show on one or two tapes and have edited onto one I am listening to at the mo (whilst fitting a wood burning stove). Am away tomorrow but will try and find the tapes but will probably have to burn onto a c.d. or another tape and post them on if that's okay? The Levine show was the one where he played David Huff's Mary Browne and I ended up with 3 copies of this one. I've since sold 2 of them on one to Mr. Levine himself, another gem me thinks??  :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!