Bad Seller?

Peter99

Just the heads up on a seller I dealt with recently. Located in France with Discogs name Modfuzz. Paid for record on 11th September and received the following message;

Thanks Peter for your flash payment.
Will ship your record tomorrow
Regards

Not heard a Dickie bird since despite my follow up messages. Notified Discogs on Tuesday and filed a PayPal dispute today. Looks like he's already closed his discogs sales page down. ***

Given him plenty of time imo to resolve so now thought I'd warn others.

Cheers

Peter

*** Edit - might be that his page has been suspended by discogs.

Social source share

What is the persistent problem with France? (this isn't a loaded question btw). 

I've haven't had a problem personally, however, I'm always conscious, maybe even slightly worried that they'll be a problem. Now as I say,I've had no direct issues, but you become aware of posts like these, general comments by others re French sellers and issues with delivery/payment/postage (if outward bound from blighty) on Facebook and specifically on eBay where a seller says WILL NOT POST TO FRANCE OR XYZ...but FRANCE is always there, or if buying from France, please PM first...

I think there has been a few grumbles on here over the years too re French sellers or accounts (because one is in France is not to assume one is French before any Frenchmen tell me off).

Good luck Peter, hope you get the £ or the record.

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Just the heads up on a seller I dealt with recently. Located in France with Discogs name Modfuzz. Paid for record on 11th September and received the following message;

Thanks Peter for your flash payment.

Will ship your record tomorrow

Regards

Not heard a Dickie bird since despite my follow up messages. Notified Discogs on Tuesday and filed a PayPal dispute today. Looks like he's already closed his discogs sales page down. ***

Given him plenty of time imo to resolve so now thought I'd warn others.

Cheers

Peter

*** Edit - might be that his page has been suspended by discogs.

if he has knocked you he will have knocked discogs too and they will take his sales down till he pays.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have a friend in Paris who, when I made a comment about the French postal service being terrible, he told me it was definitely not down to the postal service, which is actually very good, it's because so many people over there are rip off merchants and they give the good buyers and sellers a very bad name.

Social source share

Looks like he's been ok for two years and then suddenly stopped shipping out records. Could be medical reasons or something like that.

Yep, always try and give people the benefit of the doubt and plenty of time to sort things. You can only do so much though before taking reasonable steps to try and rescue the deal or get your money back. I like to think that I'm very reasonable and a good buyer. I think this is only the second problem I've had. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!