Flying With A Magma 150 Record Bag - Hand Luggage?

Mister Fish

I've flown with hand luggage bigger than your Magma 5 times this year with them and had no issue so you should be OK. 

I have seen people get pulled up for having larger suitcases then get slapped a 40e charge to out it in the hold.

You don't want your tunes going in the hold at all, but especially not in a Magma bag.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

should say on their website size AND weight restrictions?.....flown to Glasgow with easyjet recently,first flight with records so rammed 60+ in a 50 box but could have defo taken a bigger box..was surprised the room there is in the overhead storage !

Wow, Easyjet allowed you on the flight with your records? I was flying to Edinburgh a few years back and they refused me taking my discs on board because, and I quote 'Sir, you can break them in half and use them as stabbing implements'......I sh*t you not. I guess they've changed their policy with such things, but still, it's always best to check with the bucket airlines.

As far as Ryanair is concerned, weight can be an issue as well. I think the limit is 9 kg's. I stuffed my Zomo bag that holds around 150 paper sleeved 45's (ie no cardboard outer), and it weighed just under 9kg's.....so I was OK. Zomo bags have a similar construct to Magma, so you should be OK with weight; if you're concerned about it, buy a weighing hook on Amazon for a fiver. As said before, you REALLY don't want your tunes in the hold in a Magma bag, mate. Good luck!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Wow, Easyjet allowed you on the flight with your records? I was flying to Edinburgh a few years back and they refused me taking my discs on board because, and I quote 'Sir, you can break them in half and use them as stabbing implements'......I sh*t you not. I guess they've changed their policy with such things, but still, it's always best to check with the bucket airlines.

As far as Ryanair is concerned, weight can be an issue as well. I think the limit is 9 kg's. I stuffed my Zomo bag that holds around 150 paper sleeved 45's (ie no cardboard outer), and it weighed just under 9kg's.....so I was OK. Zomo bags have a similar construct to Magma, so you should be OK with weight; if you're concerned about it, buy a weighing hook on Amazon for a fiver. As said before, you REALLY don't want your tunes in the hold in a Magma bag, mate. Good luck!

or you can manipulate a can of fizzy pop they charge 3.50 e for into a slitter type tool to cut someones throat. 

equally as far fetched.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!