Amp/tuner Amp Info

Get yourself over to the nearest Richer sounds mate if you can.....or Superfi , ...etc.....But also when you do see something you like, check the web for decent prices......If youre playing vinyl, cd, etc...you will need a hifi stereo amp.....don't get mixed up and buy a multi cinema type amp...even if cheaper...these are for tv, dvd speakers set up..etc......

You will need a amp with built in phono stage....or you will need to buy a small phono stage thingy...like pro-ject.

also think about how many speakers you will require...you may only need the normal one set for one room...But some amps like mine have two sets so you can use two sets of speakers, say for two rooms at the same time, or either room...

Then think how many units you will be using it for......deck, cd, cassette even, tuner, ...etc......Good luck.

Social source share

Just a thought....you can pick up without speakers the Denon  DM 39...about £169.......which is a space saving unit..,which will be a cd, dab, unit + usb input to let you play your files...etc....But even though it does habe a rca input..( normal 2 wire leads )...think to play a turntable through it you will need the pro-ject phono box thingy ?.....But check.Richer, superfi, sell these.

Social source share

Just a thought....you can pick up without speakers the Denon  DM 39...about £169.......which is a space saving unit..,which will be a cd, dab, unit + usb input to let you play your files...etc....But even though it does habe a rca input..( normal 2 wire leads )...think to play a turntable through it you will need the pro-ject phono box thingy ?.....But check.Richer, superfi, sell these.

Do you mean a pre amp?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If it's just to play your records, I'd recommend a NAD 3020. I bought one new in about 1987 and still going strong !!!

Very basic, no frills, good enough to make a right old racket in most homes.

Simply plug your deck and speakers into the back and away you go. Can also plug in CD and Tuner (and tape deck!!)

Plenty second hand on eBay - about £80

• Helpful 1
Social source share

hi, I've just bought a Stanton t62 and a pair of wharfdale speakers, just need to know which amp or tuner amp will be compatable or if anybody has any thing they are selling that will do, getting sick of my old portable, thanks Jack.

Hi jack, superfl in Manchester have some great deals on at the minute, I went to by an amp on Monday which they didn't have in stock but gave me a Denon PMA-520AE for £119 which was reduced from £179 to £129, I just asked could they do a better price, works great with my warfdale speakers and audio technica AT120 turntable.... Phil Edited by garswood
Social source share

HI,  THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES, I WENT ON EBAY AND BOUGHT,     NAD 7020E STEREO TUNER AMP FOR £50,      LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME BETTER SOUNDS THAN MY PHILIPS BATTERY PORTABLE WHICH HAS DONE ME PROUD FOR 20 YEARS AFTER SELLING MY OLD STACK SYSTEM, AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES, JACK (ZAC) MILLS.

Social source share

If it's just to play your records, I'd recommend a NAD 3020. I bought one new in about 1987 and still going strong !!! Very basic, no frills, good enough to make a right old racket in most homes. Simply plug your deck and speakers into the back and away you go. Can also plug in CD and Tuner (and tape deck!!)

Plenty second hand on eBay - about £80

Bought a NAD C 320 in 2001 still going very, very strong, thoroughly recommended.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!