Buying Multiples On Ebay Bin And Combining Postage

Steve L

Had problems with this a few times, if you're buying more than one item from a seller on buy it now, you used to be able to commit to buy and then request a total to allow for combined postage.

Now the steps just take you to buy/pay which is the same click and you end up paying the postage x how many records you're ordering.

Any thoughts?

Social source share

Commit to buy without paying for transaction   - then contact seller explaining re postage auto adding - This is another example of ill thought out procedures via Ebay ( not in the real commerce world )    -  Seller will then hopefully readjust postage costs for you  prior to payment of a few 45's purchased .  

Edited by glynthornhill
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I've had this problem before and it is annoying. Last time it was with seven purchases from the same seller and it all got very complicated.

Someone did tell me that you can add items to a shopping cart and pay for multiple purchases  (and get combined shipping) in just one hit. Thing is though, the cart isn't always available - and therein lies the problem.

Social source share

Here's the form email we send our customers when they're having difficulty doing it:

If you click on the BUY IT NOW button on the first book you would like to purchase, it will take you to a new screen that asks you to COMMIT TO BUY.  Click on this, but on the next screen, instead of clicking PAY NOW, click on VISIT SELLERS SHOP (just underneath PAY NOW), and it will take you back to our shop. The book will be in your basket and you can continue shopping.  When you have added the last item you want, click on PAY NOW and the P&P should be correct.  If not, please click on REQUEST TOTAL FROM SELLER and we will adjust this for you.

Regarding somebody else's comment above about uk vs us -- we find that this ONLY works on ebay.co.uk and NOT on ebay.com

Hope this helps...

Social source share

on US ebay the confirm & pay now is not the same step, so you confirm to buy & then navigate away, confirm another etc etc.  Then they are all sitting there in your purchased items waiting for you to pay & then the seller gets around to sending you a invoice with combined postage after.  i've never encountered the problem as outlined by the original poster.

Social source share

on US ebay the confirm & pay now is not the same step, so you confirm to buy & then navigate away, confirm another etc etc.  Then they are all sitting there in your purchased items waiting for you to pay & then the seller gets around to sending you a invoice with combined postage after.  i've never encountered the problem as outlined by the original poster.

Yes it is, I've had this problem on both

Social source share

Had problems with this a few times, if you're buying more than one item from a seller on buy it now, you used to be able to commit to buy and then request a total to allow for combined postage.

Now the steps just take you to buy/pay which is the same click and you end up paying the postage x how many records you're ordering.

Any thoughts?

Yes I know it's real screw up. If it's a seller who reads his messages and acts on them you can usually mail and tell him which ones you want and he'll invoice accordingly. What I have done is pay the shipping charges on all of them and get seller to refund, done this about 3 times.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

weird, do you think it might be that setting for sellers where you can choose to make the buyer have to pay for an item as soon as they commit to buy?  so essentially as a seller you can make the sale only go through if the buyer pays straight away?

Dunno but I've definitely done this before without any problems so somethings changed.

Anyway I got round it but its an unnecessary hassle I reckon 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!