Seattle - Record Stores? Events?

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

There is a weekly event on Thursday night. Too bad you can't be here on the second Saturday (June 13 this month) for Emerald City Soul Club or the weekend before that for the Tacoma record show.

If you like 60s (and some modern) garage rock, we are having a DJ night on May 22.

Social source share

There is a weekly event on Thursday night. Too bad you can't be here on the second Saturday (June 13 this month) for Emerald City Soul Club or the weekend before that for the Tacoma record show.

If you like 60s (and some modern) garage rock, we are having a DJ night on May 22.

Yeah - any event would be rad! 

I'm from the midwest. used to see tons of local garage bands - Hentchmen, In-Sect, Greenhornes, Bantam Rooster, the Long Gones, etc

Social source share

Sorry, the garage night is moved to May 29.

You would think Seattle has record stores where people that are cool to hang out with sell records at decent prices....and you would be mistaken. The best place to find expensive records is Bop Street. The best place that fits the description I gave is Georgetown records. If you're going to visit Pike Place market, there is a record store there. Jive Time,  Easy Street, Golden Oldies may have something.

Edited by George G
Social source share

Maybe a bit further a field, but I'll be doing a road trip across Canada later in the year, finishing in Calgary, I was eying Seattle as a possible trip down across the boarder.. I'll note the above, but if anybody knows any must see shops and locations from East coast Canada over to Calgary, I'm all ears!

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

I hope you don't mean Calvary (Jerusalem) as in the Bible, and meant to say Calgary - Calgary is a long way from Seattle, 10-12 hour drive as I recall. Better not wait too late in the year or else you will be driving in a lot of snow....

Edited by George G
Social source share

I hope you don't mean Calvary (Jerusalem) as in the Bible, and meant to say Calgary - Calgary is a long way from Seattle, 10-12 hour drive as I recall. Better not wait too late in the year or else you will be driving in a lot of snow....

yes I meant Calgary, obviously I dont know where I'm going!! especially if the snow hits... will be October..

Social source share

HI I went to Seattle myself a couple of years ago went to Bop Street records the address is 2220 NW Market St., Seattle WA 98107 very helpful but very expensive. He uses Manship's book as his price list no discount either I spent over $1500. There is a couple of brilliant shops in Portland about 150 miles away  low prices good finds hope this helps you

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry, bars aren't my thing. I will go see live music occasionally  - at Darrells Tavern in Shoreline, Tractor Tavern and Sunset in Ballard. Where to hang out depends on your age and interests, Capitol Hill used to have (and my still have) a couple good spots. Georgetown and Ballard as well. Alki Beach and Green Lake are fun places to go when the weather is decent. The downtown Seattle waterfront is undergoing a lot of change. Seattle in general is being radically changed by gentrification. There are a lot of good places to eat, most of the restaurants in the core neighborhoods are at least decent. Check out the Stranger paper (or website www.thestranger.com) for more tips.

Thanks all!

George G - if you are a seattle person, do you recommend any cool bars/spots in general? 

Edited by George G
Social source share

Sorry, bars aren't my thing. I will go see live music occasionally  - at Darrells Tavern in Shoreline, Tractor Tavern and Sunset in Ballard. Where to hang out depends on your age and interests, Capitol Hill used to have (and my still have) a couple good spots. Georgetown and Ballard as well. Alki Beach and Green Lake are fun places to go when the weather is decent. The downtown Seattle waterfront is undergoing a lot of change. Seattle in general is being radically changed by gentrification. There are a lot of good places to eat, most of the restaurants in the core neighborhoods are at least decent. Check out the Stranger paper (or website www.thestranger.com) for more tips.

Cool. Thanks for the tips!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!